1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung SP50 - Components Stand???

Discussion in 'TVs' started by PalmerB, May 12, 2005.

1. PalmerB

PalmerB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there....

Just about to order myself a Sammy SP50 and was wondering where the rest of you Sammy SP50 owners put all your components? (DVD, SKY Box, Xbox etc). I've emailed quite a few suppliers and all they say is that it comes with the pedestal stand (as pictured)....and nothing else. Does this mean my DVD, Xbox etc have to sit on the ground? Surely not?!?! If thats the case....might HAVE to go for the Sagem HD-45 with stand!!!!!!! (My 2nd choice)

Thanks in advance!
    PalmerB

2. indie24

indie24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +200
    u get a small stand. what i have done is conenct my dvd player, sky box and dvd recorder on the stand. i have then bought another stand with 5 shelves and put that in a corner of the room. my xbox, ps2, video, etc and other devices are all connect to 1 scart switcher under that stand. i run 1 10m scart cable to the back of the sammy and there u go. i think it looks quite nice as i dont think the sammy should be cluttered with too much equipment around it.

heres my set up

http://www.avforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13804

3. PalmerB

PalmerB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Indie,

Great, thanks for that info! So you definately get the stand with it? Phew! What a relief! Where did you purchase your set? Your setup looks great! Looking forward to getting mine....should arrive in the next week or so!

Cheers
    PalmerB

4. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,032
    Palmer B. Can you read? Or are you someone who believes that instructions apply to someone else?

Now, I've had to take time to edit your title, and tell you why.

5. indie24

indie24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +200
    i got mine from comet. i had to tell the muppets i get the stand free. make sure u tell ur supplier

6. dlpkid

dlpkid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Palmerb
    Got my Samsung SP 50 dlp tv at Currys. Had to wait about six weeks for delivery but it was worth the wait. My best tv so far..

DLPKID....

7. droolinggimp

droolinggimp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1

Thats a rel nice setup there.. My only question is.. what about the heat from the radiator behind you tv? surly thats a bad thing for a tv that needs some cooling.. Granted, its the summer nearly and you wont be having it turned on.. but what about the winter?

I am moving house in 4 weeks and the room im going to use as my tv room has a bay like yous with a rad under window. i was toying with the idea of having tv in there. Just wasnt sure about the heat during the colder days.

tha stand wont be able to fit my amp. i will be getting the stand when I get my sammy but i will be having a dedicated stand well away from the tv. Most likely in a far corner with all my goodies on and like you run the xbox and ps2 from a long scart lead with switch box.

I was also toying with the idea of having my PC upstairs and running a rather long dvi-hdmi cable throught the walls etc to the room downstairs with the tv in. Also having a wireless network for it all inc xbox, my only problem is how can i use pc (upstairs) on my tv (downstairs) wireless keyboard and mouse was my first option but i cant seem to find any with a long range that can go through wall and 2 levels of house, if you get my idea.. suppose i could have a socket on wall with usb and run that like the dvi cable, throught the walls etc.... what do you think..??

chris

8. indie24

indie24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +200
    the tv is fine next to the rad. i have had no problems as the fan is blowing air out ;). u couldd but a cheap pc for around £250 and use a wireless network and stream all ur files from ur main pc.

9. vee6

vee6
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    hi , i am just about to purchase my SP50 from empire direct.. £1982 incl vat !!

before i do . please can someone definitely confirm that the glass stand ( for DVD and sky ETC) shown in picture further up this thread is indeed included. Samsung themselves don't even know. Empire direct certainly don't know.. but i supopose they are only going off the brochure.

I would really appreciate a quick answer as the stock they hold is pretty low !
    TIA

10. indie24

indie24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +200
    like i said i had to ask for mine even tho it was free. some places send it with the tv some dont as it comes in a seperate box.

11. vee6

vee6
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    looks as if you are the lucky one as just asked about the 'extra box' and there isn't one.

who did u purchase yours from ??
    if prices are comparable i will get from them , knowing i will definitely get the extra stand

12. indie24

indie24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +200
    got mine from comet

13. indie24

indie24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: