Samsung Sp46l6hx V SAGEM HD45

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by bubble6, Mar 28, 2006.

1. bubble6

bubble6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there,
    im in the hunt for 1 of these tvs and not knowing the faintest thing about these tv i thought id join up and see if anyone can help me, it will be for sky+ and dvds and maybe a x box soon which is the better ive read some threads on here but am unsure ts taken me ages to save so i want to get the right 1, as i said im not too clever at these tvs so please act with kid gloves , at the mo i have a old sony 28" widescreen

2. arfster

arfster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    No contest. The Sagem is cheaper, has better picture quality by a good distance, and has 2yrs warranty.

3. bubble6

bubble6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    but the sammy has a good vibe on these forums oooooooooo i dont know what to do the sagem has a tingley screen :thumbsdow

4. arfster

arfster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    Hrrm? The Sagem has a much better reputation here. It's clearly superior in every way to the L6, and when it's cheaper as well.....

Now, the L7 models, that's a closer call - those are really good TVs.

5. thfccambs

thfccambs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,898
    Sagem no contest.:thumbsup:

6. Zarniwoop_

Zarniwoop_

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    'tingley screen'?

Have I missed something?

7. Bri Unk

Bri Unk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    'tingley screen'?

Have I missed something?

I wonder if he means the screens they used on the older model....thats not such a problem with the G4....Sagem gets my thumbs up,superb all-rounder:clap:

8. nevtra

nevtra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had both and the sagem is better without a doubt. The sammy is a better looking set but the picture cant touch the sagem, so much so that my sammys going back and i'm getting another sagem, just have to hang on to the samsung until the sagem hd45 f is in stock at currys, oh and by the way, this set is only £1099, doesnt look as good as the 45h mind.

GET THE SAGEM

9. nevtra

nevtra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know what he means by that, the screen on the sagem has a frosted look that makes moving edges seam to tingle on complex/high contrast scenes. But......this isn't half the problem of the smearing and 5hite skin tones on the samsung.

scores

picture
    SAMMY 5
    SAGEM 9.5

sound
    SAMMY 7
    SAGEM 7

Asthetics(hope i spelt that correctly)
    SAMMY 8
    SAGEM 45h 9
    SAGEM 45s/f 7

10. bubble6

bubble6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    typical they aint (comet) got no sagems in! going for a sammy seen it in john lewis to day ordered it coming week friday

11. jms_uk

jms_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +200
    why not order online? get the superior set...

12. bubble6

bubble6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i really cant like the look of the sagem i think its ugly as sim gotta ne the sammy theres a few people on here got a good word for it

13. thfccambs

thfccambs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,898
    Everyone in this thread said buy the Sagem,and you buy the Sammy:confused: What was the point of your thread?:rolleyes:

14. bubble6

bubble6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i was hoping to be swayed but i dont like the style of the sagem look orrible

15. Kidwhizz

Kidwhizz
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Great thing about us people is that we're all different! Life would incredibly dull if we were all the same :) My personal preference is I love the incredibly thin piano black frame on the Sagem, it's the thinnest picture frame on the market, but it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea. Only thing I'd say to you Bubble6 is that you are missing out on the best DLP picture there is!

16. jms_uk

jms_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +200
    Its a tough one.. aesthetics versus functionality... ;)

I and many others no doubt, find both to be important, but ultimately isn't the aim of a TV to display images?

17. bubble6

bubble6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    now il loking at the sony 3lcd i really cannot bear to buy anything as hideous as a sagem its that speaker part :eek: id rather hava a pink and purple polka dot sofa i really do hate it so much

18. jms_uk

jms_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +200
    That's a shame because a nice looking speaker part isn't going to give you a better picture.. :)

Enjoy your Sony..

19. nat695

nat695

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    and your nice new square 'BOX' :smashin:

20. nevtra

nevtra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bubbles mate, you asked for comparisons of the sammy and sagem, most posts pointed towards the sagem but you decided upon the sammy. Now you are looking at the sony?, this reminds me of a recent trip to toys r us with my lad Jack, i want that one,,,,,no that one,,,,,no that one,,,,.well actually dad i want that one.
    When he eventually made his mind up he changed it again in the car home.

I'm not being flippant, its just that i sometimes get like that too and to be honest, if the majority of opinion on these forums clearly points in one direction then if i were you i'd take the advice people have taken the time to give, these are end user reports, worth there weight.

21. Tarbat

Tarbat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +302
    I'd go for the SP46L6HX. It's cheaper than the sony, and IMHO gives a much better picture. All of which probably indicates that everyone will have a different opinion about which is the better TV, so best to view all three and decide which looks best to you.

22. nevtra

nevtra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry to go on about this but the difference between these two sets and the sagem is so great that i would defy anyone to pick either over the sagem if they viewed them with the same feed, i've owned the sagem and samsung and as i said, the variance in picture performance was massive, even my missus, who couldnt give a monkeys which tv we have was agasp when we sent the sagem back and got the samsung, her first words were, thats crap compaired to the last one......!
    The sagem gives the impression that you could dive into the picture, my miserable old mother in law who spent ages saying we were daft to spend xamount on a tv, and that it was too big, commented on how the picture looked 3D , and that was just watching the bill on cable box.

Its like the difference between a farrari and a farrari kit car, they look alike but when you start em up theres only one winner in performance terms.

23. Ragnarok

Ragnarok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    I'd say go for the Sagem but if the humming noise is too much to take, but consider the Samsung. The Sony 3lcd is a last resort if Rainbows are an issue and you must have a TV now.

The Sagem's picture quality is much better, and if you like your audio the odd's are you have already got a much better sound system already.

24. rjj76

rjj76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I've been waiting for the right tv to make the jump up to HD, and like the pricing of the DLP screens. From what you guys are saying I see the Sagem is a good model, plus I like the picture frame effect of the unit. But can you let me know how great/average the PQ is when showing a HD feed ? I have an xbox360 and am looking to get SkyHD very soon.
    I've looked through the DLP forums and haven't heard anyone specifically mention the PQ of HD on a DLP.
    Thanks for any help.
    RJJ

25. thfccambs

thfccambs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,898
    I've download3ed a few trailers on my xbox360 and was blown away by the quality.Ordered skyHD and can't wait now after seeing the xbox360 in action.:thumbsup:

26. rjj76

rjj76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    That's good to hear, cheers.
    I've been in to the high street stores to try to see the Sagem (or any dlp) in action with a HD feed and they seem to be ignored. They just push the lcd & plasmas to the front and give them the best footage to view.

27. jms_uk

jms_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +200
    Its all about the fashionability of Plasmas and LCDs (the margin too no doubt) and ignorance of the general public that cause DLP Rear Pros with awesome picture quality to be undersold..

People think Rear Pros they think of the old CRT Rear Pros and all the issues therein.. thats unlikely to change any time soon.. I guess us owners of good DLP sets will just have to smile knowingly and enjoy our canny purchases.. :)

28. mattlad

mattlad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    You don't look at the mantlepiece when you're stoking the fire;)

29. Jamesy_UK

Jamesy_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Matter of preception really I have viewed a well setup Sagem at a friends house and my well setup sammy and I think with a HD feed Sammy beats sagem (Gladiator HD) with standard sky feed Sagem is a bit better and with DVD (hd850, i tried different players before and sagem was much poorer on a sony dvd player , i forget the model)they are on par but like i say all perception cause everybodies different.

30. nevtra

nevtra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I am sorry to poo poo things but i have owned both the Samsung and the sagem and the sagem is definately better in all respects. maybe i have a dodgy sammy? i say this because the difference is massive, i had both sets conected to exactly the same AV kit/cables etc, my samsung is 2d, oily, grainy, i messed with the gamma settings as people recommended and although this produced an improvement in skin tone it reduced contrast and colour.
    If you search this forum its peppered with advice and tips on improving the sammys picture via the service menus, this alone should tell you that there is a large amount of dis-satisfaction with the sets performance, in contrast to this if you search the threads for the sagem all you will find is WOW posts.

This i think says it all.