1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung SP46L6HX RGB problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by mr_sockochris, Sep 7, 2005.

1. mr_sockochris

mr_sockochris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I got my replacement Samsung SP46L6HX and everything seems fine apart from when I'm trying to use RGB. I don't know whether it's because it's a bigger screen and that's showing the flaws in the picture, but my PS2 and DVD player don't look like they're running in RGB. I've got an RGB switch box that has a button on it that disables RGB and when I pressed that on my previous TV you could instantly switch between Composite and RGB. When I try that today I notice no change when I press the button. I've tried it in all 3 Scart sockets in the TV, connecting direct without the switch box, but they all seem to look the same. Is there a setting on the TV that I have to turn on for RGB? Or am I going to have to get another replacement? :(

2. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    No problems at all like this for me with this set. Running Freeview and a HDD/DVD-R through Scart and DVD through component.

But I'm not using any kind of switch box.

Contact Samsung and see what they suggest.

3. mr_sockochris

mr_sockochris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    It's defintly not working, I just got an S-video cable today for my PS2 and it looks much better than what I was seeing with my RGB SCART cable. I'll have everything hooked up with Component/HDMI/VGA before the end of the month so not having RGB SCART working isn't a problem, it's just annoying all the same.

4. Tarbat

Tarbat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +252
    It might be worth checking in the service menu, there's a setting in there that sets the type of SCART switching. Might have been wrongly set. I think it's in the 14-OPTIONS section. It's a long-shot, but worth a check.

Otherwise, check that you're using a fully-wire SCART cable, pin 16 provides the RGB switching signal.