1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung SP46L6HX problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by mr_sockochris, Aug 31, 2005.

1. mr_sockochris

mr_sockochris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I got mine today, set it all up and can't get it to work. I turn it on with the red on/off switch, it goes into standby, I then turn it on via the remote/button on the TV and the 'lamp' display flashes for about 5-10 secs and then nothing happens. I'm assuming it's faulty and have someone coming out on Friday to replace it, but seeing as this is my first DLP, I thought I'd just check on here just incase there was something obvious I was missing :(

2. DGtal

DGtal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The set should come on and it sounds like a fault. You don't appear to have missed anything.

3. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,504
    DLP sets take approx 30 seconds to fire up. This is due to the bulb heating up. Switch the set on and leave for a good 30-60 seconds. The picture will look strange (colours not right) for another 20 seconds and then you will have you pic.

Also when you switch the set off you must leave the bulb to cool, before switching it back on. By this I mean if the set has been off for 40 sec's wait a while 1 min or so before switching on. The flashing light will tell you to switch back on, it should all be in the manual. :smashin:

If this dont work, you've got a lemon. :(

:D

4. mr_sockochris

mr_sockochris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Yeah, the manual mentioned something about the bulb needing to heat up, but i've given it about 30mins and still have had no joy. It's like the TV dies as soon as I turn it on from Standby. You can't even go back into Standby again, the remote or the TV buttons do nothing. Here is what happens:

Turn on power

TV turns on into Standby mode

Turn the TV on from Standby

The word 'lamp' flashes on the front display for 10secs, then disappears

TV screen turns 'on' but nothing works from here on in and the screen remains black.

It's all very stange. Either way, Curry's are sending an engineer out with a replacement on Friday so it's not all bad.