Samsung SP46L6HX judder

Jonesey

Hi guys,
I'm on my second SP46 now, first one had to go back due to excessive dust particles inside the protective screen. One thing I have noticed on both screens is that all channels on Sky produce a judder effect. Its like the picture bounces every now and again. Its very easy to see if you are watching one of those gambling channels and there are static images on it. Haven't noticed it via the pc nor through dvd-hdmi, has anyone else noticed this at all? I briefly tried a freeview box and could not see it, although i did see a vast improvement in the picture quality, it was so much more clearer than the sky picture.

Would be interested to hear any other users experiencing this problem with sky.

Regards.

slackbladder

I have Sky plugged in via a Profigold Scart and I have no judder at all. Neither via my cheap vcr.
Only time I ever had any strange screen effect was whilst watching DVD via HDMI @ 1080i. There was an occassional "bounce" but I have'nt seen it happen for a while.

A

andywilliams007

I have experienced the same problem on both of my SP50 sets with Freeview (the first one went back because of debris behind the screen). Every 5 seconds the screen will judder. My Freeview box is connected via SCART (I have tried different sockets) however when connected through my DVD recorder which is connected via Component the problem doesn't occur.

Jonesey

Thanks Andywilliams,

I've tried the sky through my dvd recorder and the shaking has gone. So it seems that there is problem with the scart sockets accepting a direct feed. Going to try with a shielded gold plated scartlead tomorrow to see if that makes any difference. If not, I will contact Samsung and ask for someone to look into it. Will keep you updated.

Gary Skillman

Standard Member
I had sky round today the first box they tried was a thompson and that had judder so did the sky + box, but the amstrad sky+ was free of judder

slackbladder

Gary Skillman said:
I had sky round today the first box they tried was a thompson and that had judder so did the sky + box, but the amstrad sky+ was free of judder
I have a Panasonic receiver though not Sky+. Picture is fine.

jonesey said:
Going to try with a shielded gold plated scartlead tomorrow to see if that makes any difference. If not, I will contact Samsung and ask for someone to look into it. Will keep you updated.
That's what I have. Maybe I'll temporarily swap it to a crap one and see what happens!

Jamesy_UK

shame the Amstrad sky+ has vertical banding issues you will notice it on dark scenes. I had my box changed 4 times and they were all the same its a major gripe, but I also had problems with pace boxes on my old tv and the amstrad apart from the banding worked fine.

Jonesey

Well, I spoke to Samsung Product Support this morning and the guy was helpful but had very little experience in DLP technology. I told him about the dust particles on the screen and he said he spoke to the tech guys who says that if dust is already on the inside of the screen then they are pretty sure there will be lots more in the near future as the fan will suck them in. You cant see them from a reasonable distance, but if you get up close they look like dead pixels.

Just read the thread re smudges, and the guys on there said that when the engineer cleaned the mirrors, it got rid of the particles and smudges and gave a much clearer and brighter picture.

Secondly, I questioned the quality of the scart sockets on the back about the interference I was getting with my sky feed (shaking/judder) but not when the signal is passed through dvd recorder/vcr. He said he had no idea what this could be and I should ring Comet and tell them I need a new TV according to the sale of goods act. Not much help I'm afraid but hope he will pass it on to the tech guys. Will try the improved scart lead tonight.

Fingers crossed!

Starfleet

Standard Member
Jonesy

Is this cleaning covered under the guarentee by Samsung, or can you demand a repalcement from them, unfortunately bought TV from Robertsons Online who i hear have ceased trading although robertsons themselve are still open for business. Can i ask them for a replacement???

K

koho1960

HI Guys
I to have had this problem as you can see from previous posts. Iv now had 7 SP50s and the same problem occurred on all of them. I have found that if your watching a program on the sky + box and you do instant rewind and then play the judder disappears. I have this problem on my sky + and pace freeview box . I have just learnt to live with it. Have not tried through my DVD recorder yet.

Jonesey

Starfleet,

I'm not quite sure on that one, might be worth asking one of the guys on the RD50 thread. I know that I first rang samsung who told me to call my retailer, Comet said they would send someone to clean it. The engineer had no idea what to do, first timer on a DLP i think, so he just put in a request for a new one. I will call Samsung and ask if their 1 year manufacturers warrany will cover this, worth a try.

I got my new scart lead which made a vast improvement with the picture, colours were much richer and clearer, think I'll upgrade all my scarts. Unfortunately it did not stop the picture from shaking. Looks like another call to Comet in the morning to get someone over!

Other than the above problem, I'm really impressed with this TV.

reddux

Standard Member
I'd be interested to know of a solution to the judder I get only through Sky on my SP50 too...

Trending threads

Top Bottom