Samsung SP46L6H Settings

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by nevtra, Mar 21, 2006.

1. nevtra

nevtra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please can anyone offer better settings than these as im starting to suspect that this TV is just crap. Especially compaired to my old Sagem

Contrast 75
    Colour 35
    Brightness 50
    Sharpness 65

Thanks

2. TommyWalsh

TommyWalsh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :thumbsup: I have the same TV and think it's very good against any other RPTV out there. The best picture setting I found was to leave it in movie mode otherwise you will drive yourself crazy! The skin tones etc are very good on this setting.

3. nevtra

nevtra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have found that the sammy varies massively from programme to programme which if i hadn't seen the same feeds on a sagem i would have put down to broadcasts. ?

DVD is ok on the sammy but if you check out the sagem its just a much better picture, sorry, but its true

4. Jamesy_UK

Jamesy_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Depends on many factors Nev i personally thought after viewing sagem with a dvd in over hdmi and Sammy with dvd in over hdmi (same DVD) the sagem was clearly the poorer choice but hey, horses for courses diff people have diff eyesight, perceptions and expectations.

As a side note yes movie mode seems to make for nicest picture, but entering the service menu and setting the gamma to 1 or 2 helped me a great deal, you can find the thread for how to get into service menu via the search, im to lazy to find it and link ;).

5. Starfleet

Starfleet
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Nevtra

I have changed my Gamma setting to 1 everything looks a lot better very rarely see the oil painting type effect on peoples faces.:)

I think to access service menu is in quick succession press

info menu mute and power

the gamma settings is under menu 11 please check other threads to confirm these actions as I don't want to be held responsible for messing up your tv

6. nevtra

nevtra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks mate, done it and it did improve the smearing, only thing is that it seems a little darker than before, know any settings to help this, i've been pi55ing about with this for ages.

anyway, thanks again mate

7. Starfleet

Starfleet
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Try gamma setting 2 and / or increasing brightness and contrast a little