Samsung SP46L6H lamp Replecement

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by ttonys8, Apr 23, 2007.

1. ttonys8

ttonys8
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have just had to change the lamp on my samsung SP46L6H which is only 20 months old due to the drop in brightness. Even at at average usage of 8 hours a day (which would be way over the top) this only equates to around 4800 which seems excessively low.

Anyone else seen this problem? BTW, bought lamp off eBay in US at very good price, around £80 if I remember corectly.

2. Neil2007

Neil2007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The lamp life is affected if it does not have correct cool down and the number of times the lamp is switched ON and OFF and that the correct airflow is maintained. Typical lamp life is between 6-8000 hours.

3. ttonys8

ttonys8
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks Neil. The TV has good circulation and doesnt suffer too many 'ups an downs' in a day. In fact, the orignal lamp didnt go completely, just dimmed, sufficient for the new lamp to make quite a difference.

I decided to change it after a fault appeared where the screen just showed a full set of random noise (like interfernce) but sound still okay. TV went to two repairers, the first saw the fault and couldnt fix it so sent to a main agent with whom the problem never occured, disappeared in transit!!! Both said probably fault was digital board, main agent said with a repair cost of about £400.

TV returned (still working) so decided not to hold back with new lamp, might as well enjoy it while we can becuase the next sign of the fault and the TV goes in the skip!! 1200 quid for 20 months, not a good advert for Samsung who would do nothing to help.

Tony