Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Samsung sp46L3HX - Picture Problems

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by destix, Apr 14, 2005.

1. destix

destix
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have had my 46" sammy for 3 days now and i think its superb (xbox with ixos high def lead is fantastic)
    however i noticed right from the start a sort of static dots/lines on the screen with all sources , its not all that noticable , but on certain screens like all white or black its quite noticeable , it kinda looks like 4 or 5 vertical lines of dots on the screen

is this a fault or does my tv need a running in period?
    or perhaps they all have this?

any info appreciated as i may need to return this tv to currys :rolleyes:

2. indie24

indie24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +262
    could be a fault, the screen should be free from defects. do u have any photos of these lines, that would be useful.

3. philip41

philip41
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Destix

I do not have any of the above lines you mention, i would not say it is normal. i myself occasionally get a few white speckles, i had a jungle of wires around the back of my set, AV and power leads allmixed up with one and other, i have now sorted that lot out and it seems to have solved them, i hope.

The one thing i do have however is a mark in the screen :( it looks like the light from a window shining on it, only thing is it is about the size of a tennis ball, and what ever position i move the set to it is always there, does not effect normal viewing only on dark scenes, looks like i will be phoning Currys myself soon.
    I also get the slightly bent bar at the top of the screen when watching movies.