1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung SP46L3HX - 3 blinking lights problem!

Discussion in 'TVs' started by ianrog, May 3, 2005.

1. ianrog

ianrog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys,

I bought my DLP set ( Samsung SP46L3HX ) on the 23rd February 2005 and after 48 days of purchase, I am facing a horrible nightmare with my set. When I turn on my set, the green lamp starts to blink and after a minute or so, my set will have 3 blinking lights ( TIMER , LAMP , STANDBY ). Sometimes when the green lamp indicator blinks , the T.V set will turn on but this will not always occur.I am very disappointed since I used my set only in weekends.

Does anyone faced this problem?!? :eek:

Regards
    Roger

2. philip41

philip41
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    According to the manual, it is telling you that the bulb needs replacing,what the fudge, i would contact whoever you bought the set from and let them know.
    Has the set shown any other symptoms, ie the screen getting a bit darker than usual.

3. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,508
    There will be a way to find out how many hours the bulb has been used for, its usually via a engineers service menu. If you could access that you will know a bit more history of this set. Was it purchased as new or exdemo/second hand?

:)

4. ianrog

ianrog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No other symptons. I`m quite confused if the bulb needs to be replaced since the bulb still works.

5. ianrog

ianrog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I tried to access the service manual but it wont show up and I bought my DLP set as new.

6. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,508

I would personally get an engineer out asap and identify the fault. If it has loads of hours clocked on the set, I would kick up a fuss and reject it. Ask for a replacement or refund.
    A few members have got good results armed with a copy of the sale of goods act.

Good luck :thumbsup:

7. supermackem

supermackem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Wow anyone noticed the influx of people posting about the sammy of late. Its a shame as i was going to recommend this tv to my uncle, think ill tell him to hold back a few months for the new sets to hit the stores.