1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung SP43W6HPX need more info

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Paulmc, Feb 18, 2004.

1. Paulmc

Paulmc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where can i get more tech info on this TV, the book that came with it tells u very little.

It says it has progressive scaning but nothing about it in the book supplied. Does this mean the TV is PS or it can accept PS.

there are no component in so but confused really

cheers

Paul

2. sandy

sandy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just ordered one of these but am waiting on a delivery date. What is the picture quality like and generally, are you happy with it - any glitches? Any more info would be great as they don't really tell you much. Found something similar on the Samsung website - Portugal, but didn't get too far due to my lack of Portugese! The no. is SP43W6HF on the Portugese site. Just wondering if it's worth my while waiting for it.
    Cheers
    Sandy

3. Paulmc

Paulmc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sandy

the picture quality is excellent, I had a few probs setting it up as i am very fussy with the pic. I ended up buying QED leads (not cheap) for my sky and DVD.

it being 100hz u can see some pixilation on sideways movment but it is pretty good now i have the QED leads.

I sit 13 feet away from the TV and am very happy with it.

Where i work we have a 50" LG plasma and my picture is better.

You do notice the pixel thing if u r watching football and they pan left or right it cant seem to keep up where as the Plasma at work makes a better job of it, on saying that if u were to compare the prices i can live with it.

I looked at a few before i bought this 1. I found the pic was much better than the equally priced Tosh 100hz

i am thinking on getting a progressive scan dvd thats why i am looking for more info.

I will try ur sites through google translate and see how i get on.

Paul

4. sandy

sandy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Paul Thanks for the reply wish you many happy hours with your new toy! looking forward to mine. Sandy