1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung SP43W6HP

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Tom3316, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Tom3316

Tom3316

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Does anybody know whether the Samsung SP43W6HP can do progressive scan i know in the setup menu there is a option that says progressive scan but there are no component inputs on the tv.

thanks

2. FlyingBig

FlyingBig
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry can't help you but im interesting on your opinions on the quality of your Samsung RPTV. How does it compare with say a Toshiba RPTV? Cheers

3. Tom3316

Tom3316

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    i cant really compare it to a toshiba RPTV as i havent seen one it was my dad who bought the T.V as for the quality its really good its got a really smooth bright picture. the only thing i can find wrong with it is a slightly yellow patch on the right hand side but apart from that its really worth its money much better looking than a plasma

4. FlyingBig

FlyingBig
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sounds like you need to get that set replaced. I have a green stain on the bottom right of my toshiba rptv and im getting mine replaced.
    Also can you check if you get a faint dirty vertical line running down the centre of the screen. Its faint but you will spot it easy while watching football as most of the screen is one colour. This is a feature of big screen toshiba tvs and i am looking to get rid of it for my next rptv. Thanks

5. Tom3316

Tom3316

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Theres no line down the middle of the screen.
    i can only notice the yellow patch on a really white background does this still warrent a replacement.but apart from that the tv has a really good picture with really nice colours.

6. runningback

runningback
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The colour stain in one corner is most likely one or more of the colour tubes out of focus, i would be hesitant with replacement set as this is likely to be
    more out of focus then your present one unless you are lucky, if your set is still under warranty i would get a qualified engineer out to do a electrical/mechanical focus of the lenses.

7. Tom3316

Tom3316

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    its still under waranty as its brand new my dad bought it so i will talk to him about but thanks for the advice