1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung SP43L2HX and PC Connected via VGA or DVI Problems?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by M Tappenden, Sep 28, 2004.

1. M Tappenden

M Tappenden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I have a Samsung SP43L2HX TV, yes, the one I've seen SO MANY complaints about here!

Anyway it all works fine on mine (after getting a replacement on my first one because the image went all blue and yellow). Except one thing.

If I connect my computer (an XP Media Center PC) or any of my other computers or laptops to the TV I get a gray border round the edge. This happens with VGA and with DVI. I want to use DVI. But the gray border ruins the Media Center PC experience. How can I fix it? I went in the service menu and found these options 'Red Overscan' 'Green Overscan' 'Blue Overscan' I they were 64% to start with so I set them to 70% and nothing then I set them to 40% and nothing changed still. So I figure it's not that. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Max

2. M Tappenden

M Tappenden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can I BUMP this?

3. JonMace

JonMace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    Think you just have :D

4. M Tappenden

M Tappenden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It would seem that way wouldn't it.

5. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I'd love to offer advice but I don't think I've ever seen the effect you're describing. Sorry.

But I did bump you a little. :)

6. M Tappenden

M Tappenden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah it's weird. Someone suggested it might be underscan but that didn't mean anything to me...

7. M Tappenden

M Tappenden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dunno if this means anything... but if I go into the Service Menu and set Red Overscan, Green Overscan and Blue Overscan all to 0 it has a black border instead of gray...heh

8. M Tappenden

M Tappenden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey,

Just thought I'd bump this.

Samsung will phone back tomorrow and if they don't phone by midday they said to phone them again. If they can't resolve this we're going to report them for false advertising as they told us so clearly that the thing would work absolutely perfect with our MCE PC and it doesn't... We'll see if they fix it first :)

9. lane

lane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can't you just refocus the projector to have the grey outline appear off the screen? So that you don't notice it? :offtopic:

10. M Tappenden

M Tappenden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have a rear-projection TV not front-projection so there's no way for me to do anything with it. I don't even have a clue how rear-projection works. I mean... the TV has an LCD screen yet it needs a projector? That confuses me. Anyway that's besides the point, basically I can't do anything with the projector... I get to call Samsung u in an hour or so if they haven't called me by then and talk to that dumb "technician" again.

11. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +263
    You might get more responses if you posted your request on the correct forum. This one is for non-CRT front projectors.

Steve

12. M Tappenden

M Tappenden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My TV is not CRT, it's LCD. And it doesn't say anywhere that this is only for front projectors.