• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung SP42Q2HD rear projection tv

leeboy1411

Established Member
Hi

I have had this tv for two years now, recently when watchin terrestrial channels the picture will frequently change from cinema to letterbox view just like a dvd would. The only way you can get it to turn back to cinema without fiddling with the picture settings is to change the channel or turn the tv off and then back on, on sunday the tv went off by itself onto standby out of the blue. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what is causing it?

Medusa

Banned
Hi

I have had this tv for two years now, recently when watchin terrestrial channels the picture will frequently change from cinema to letterbox view just like a dvd would. The only way you can get it to turn back to cinema without fiddling with the picture settings is to change the channel or turn the tv off and then back on, on sunday the tv went off by itself onto standby out of the blue. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what is causing it?
The TV will only go to s/by by itself if it detects a Fault.
I think your TV has developed a Fault needs Engineer attention.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom