1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung SP-50L7HXX

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by yaris123, Jul 7, 2005.

1. yaris123

yaris123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi i know this may seem a silly question but im interested in buying one these dlp tv's. The oly problem i have is i have to get it up some stairs and i wanted to know if the thin stand seperates from the actual tv set the 50" bit. Thanks alot

2. Br41ns

Br41ns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    :hiya:

Im afraid to say the stand doesnt come of, the verical stand houses all the bits that make it work. Is there alot of steps as its not impossible for 2 people to lift it up them, though would need to be out of the box. Mine was unpacked in the garden, the bos is just so bloody big. :smashin:

3. mercmonk

mercmonk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i had to unpack mine outside as the packing is humongous,i literally reckon u could walk 4 people inside it!!!!!!! no exaggeration either lol. me and my friend carried up the stairs fairly easily just making sure the glasss bottom was ok,so its more awkward than heavy.my flat is not the biggest and once up the stairs it turned the immediate corner fairly easily.but i gotta say that im not that happy with the picture on it.not as good as dlps i ve seen in stores like comet.i even bought the hdmi samsung hd850 dvd player connected to the hdmi connecter on the tv and the pic is not great.and my sky box is in the scart socket and the pic is not that great either.not sure if im not doing something right

4. Br41ns

Br41ns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    :hiya:

What settings are you using on your set as the settings can make a big difference to your pic.

5. J80FAB

J80FAB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70

This is what I'm worried about if I were to buy a DLP..... a picture that I hate !!! :eek:

Though other members here in the forum, especially br14n :hiya: mentioned that it is down to the tv settings :rolleyes:

You may want to have a look at this thread http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224203

chuffster2005 reported a poo picture :rotfl: & was recommended some settings. Have a go & let us know ! :D

6. yaris123

yaris123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi again thanks for the info but could you tell if the glass stand is detachable. Thanks alot

7. Stingingwasp

Stingingwasp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The glass stand is not detachable. But its not impossible to carry up stairs, just a bit awkward.

I had to carry mine up a flight of stairs, with a tight bend half way up. We took it out the box, then 3 off us carried it up, 2 people to lift it and 1 to keep it steady.

Its now safly in my front room and looks great

8. mercmonk

mercmonk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    this is posted for br14n .i tried my own settings and then tried kartmans and someone pm ed me their settings,altho slightly better this is not exactly next generation tv picture,i remember seeing the sagem in comets linked up to a pc via hdmi and the picture was breathtaking so i cant really understand why mine is just average in my opinion! i8s the pc connection any good?my dvd samsung hd850 is linked via hdmi and he picture is very average:(