1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung SP-50L7HXX Price Reduction

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by J80FAB, Jul 5, 2005.

1. J80FAB

J80FAB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Some of you may have noticed me waffling on about EmpireDirect in some other discussions here. :D

I've just been to their website & the Samsung has been reduced by £158.25 in their summer sale I presume & currently costs £1824.04 when ordered on-line (plus £50 for delivery total £1874.04).

Though please take note of their terms & conditions & returns policy http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/Content/CustomerCare/terms.asp
    http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/Content/CustomerCare/Products/index.asp#returns

Not a bad price if you don't want an extended warranty or want to buy a separate policy elsewhere, or if no one will price match with COSTCO & also throw in an extended warranty.

Or you can perhaps use this price to match if you want to buy from another store :D

2. J80FAB

J80FAB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Seems that the Comet on-line price has also dropped for the Samsung :smashin:

The on-line Comet price for the Sagem HD-D45 has also gone dowm by £100. At £1699 it's a bargain ! :D

And remember an extended warranty can be bought separately :smashin:

3. syclonesjs

syclonesjs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yup its alllllllllll goood! :D

Placing order for Sammy and warranty to be sorted a lil later. However Empire are waiting on stock so 15 days wait grrrrrr

Si

4. J80FAB

J80FAB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    That's odd, this afternoon their website claimed it was in-stock :confused: Oh well..... ah, now it's showing as 'due soon' :rotfl:

I wonder if they have also reduced their in-store price as the cheapest the set could be bought for in-store last week was £2199 with 5 year guarantee & the small glass shelving.

Does the glass shelving come as standard with the Sammy ???

5. syclonesjs

syclonesjs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I double checked with them about the AV stand, YEP all included :) I was called back 30mins ago they said they might have a TV that i can have now in stock will let me know in the morn as I'm not waiting on finance and can put me to the front! :D

6. ash

ash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +383
    Any news about Makro prices?

7. J80FAB

J80FAB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    My questions about the AV stand was a general one - do all Samsung SP50-7LHXX come with one as standard :confused:

I reckon their website started showing 'due soon' because they must have received an influx of orders after my posting this afternoon :laugh: :rotfl:

syclonesjs don't count your chickens. I think I will be getting that set after my visit to their store down the road tomorrow morning :D :eek:

syclonesjs check out EmpireDirect's customer feedback on Pricerunner.

8. Chumpy

Chumpy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    From what people have said it comes as part of the package, although it has been known for shops to try and charge extra for it.

Comet Online price is now £1998. I will try to pop into Makro on Saturday to check the prices etc if no one manages to get there beforehand.

9. J80FAB

J80FAB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    From all the talk on here did not think that Makro were stocking the Samsung SP-50L7HXX :confused: It just seems to be COSTCO that has been mentioned.

Anyway if Makro has them then at least it's another place where they can be bought :D

10. syclonesjs

syclonesjs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm that is a little worrying reading some of those reviews. The Returns and aftersales could be a problem :rolleyes:

Might look at Comet online now :confused:

buying big screens online is turning into a minefield!

11. J80FAB

J80FAB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    :hiya: syclonesjs

At the beginning of this thread I did recommend readers to have a look at this company's 'terms & conditions' & 'returns' policy.

:lesson: I'm sure it's not all doom & gloom as you will agree that other reviews on Pricerunner had reported a very positive buying experience with them.

Because EmpireDirect offers what seem to be quite competitive prices, it seems that they are perhaps less flexible in other areas :confused:

Their in-store price & especially current on-line price is very tempting for the Samsung though I'm a little uncertain about buying this item from them. :(

I bought a Loewe VCR from them in-store about 5 years ago. It had what seemed like bad RF interference with banding appearing on screen. I went back to the shop (can't remember if I took the VCR with me initially), explained & instead of taking the VCR back & looking at it in-store they sent an engineer round who told me to buy a load of better shielded cables to eliminate any interference !!! :eek:

:mad: I found this totally unacceptable as I had had other VCRs & equipment connected with bog-standard cabling & never experienced any interference. I therefore took it back & requested a refund. The chap was a bit funny about it & basically said that there was nothing wrong with the VCR & would not be able to sell it as 'new' now !!!

On the other hand my friend bought a HDD mp3 walkman from them last year in-store which broke down after about 2 weeks, he took it back, they exchanged it and the other one also mysteriously broke down after a couple of weeks & they exhanged that one aswell without giving him any grief :D

12. J80FAB

J80FAB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    :hiya: syclonesys

I went to Empire Electrical this afternoon & they've had one Sammy delivered today so it's up for grabs ! :D

As mentioned in another thread I also saw the 37" Panasonic HD plasma with normal DVD feed via cheapo phono plug connections & the picture was excellent :smashin:

Neither the Samsung nor the Panasonic had been 'tweaked' for PQ out of the box which made me wonder if the Samsung should be dropped from the 'wish-list' :confused:

I also had a chat with the salesman & a delivery bloke. The salesman said that if there is a problem with the set during the 1st month then they would exchange, otherwise it would be a repair. Then again if the problem cannot be repaired surely they would have to exchange ?!

The delivery bloke claimed that he had come across the Samsung SP50L7HX on the web for less than the currect EmpireDirect on-line price :confused:

13. syclonesjs

syclonesjs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey J80 :hiya:

Well i asked around about Empire and the verdict was they can be bit of a gamble when dealing with large boxed items, and the Sammy box is Mahuuussive! :eek: I was called back to day to say do i want it and ummmed and arrred for a good few hours!

Also unlike you im down in sunny essex so get it back to them is rather a pain and at my expense so the lady told me! Also the Box must be kept if it needs to be returned unlike comet who will pick up without box, I have nowhere to store a mini house!

Well in the end I bit the bullet and placed my order with comet we have family friends involved with comet and I know they will look after us if a prob arises. Turns up on the 18th, but if i do change my mind again they said no probs cancelling to go elsewhere.

Did the delivery guy not say where!??

Fun game this aint it! lol :D

14. J80FAB

J80FAB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    :hiya: syclonesjs

No, the delivery guy could not remember where he had seen it on the web :(

I take it you placed your order on Comet's website ?

If I go ahead with the Samsung (or any other set if I ever make up my mind :D ) to be honest with you I'd prefer it from somewhere like Comet or JL for example :smashin:

Though The difference in on-line price for the Samsung from EmpireDirect & Comet is about £140 which could go towards buying an extended warranty !

No, it's not a fun game at all !!! :(

If I find this rumoured cheaper price I'll let you know :D

15. Chumpy

Chumpy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Probably Pixmania, but people have had mixed responses to their customer service.