• Watch our Live Stream podcast now. This week we interview Chris Mullins from Sony Professional about the latest native Sony 4K projectors and we discuss the best Hi-Fi products of the year. Join us and ask the team questions

Samsung SP-43j6HD (LCD rear pro)

K

kenny.c

Has anyone got - seen - played with or got any thoughts on this rear projection from Samsung? Im very impressed with the small size of the thing, and would realy appretiate any feed back!

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
I saw one of these on display in a department store in Sheffield. If I was in the market for a largish RPTV its probably the one I'd buy.

The image was easily bright enough in the brightly-lit shop, and its sharpness, geometry, and total lack of ANY convergence error, line structure, or refresh rate flicker, made the CRT RP device next to it look positively dire.

You can just about see the pixel structure if you get too close. Contrast seemed to be more than adequate.

There is just the standard warning about all LCD devices - make sure you can see before you buy - to ensure that you get one without any bad pixels. I don't know what Samsung's policy on this set is, but many LCD manufacturers deem that a certain number of bad pixels is "acceptable" - a position I suspect that you would not share. So make sure you can check you have a "good" one before you buy.

jon smith

Originally posted by kenny.c
Has anyone got - seen - played with or got any thoughts on this rear projection from Samsung? Im very impressed with the small size of the thing, and would realy appretiate any feed back!
I would avoid this set like the plague...

Gets dusty real quick, you can see the dust behind the screen easily enough.

Has too many operational quirks to list, the remote signal is barely ever recognised.

I had strong flaring on reds. Samsung customer service is a joke.

Need I go on (there is a long thread if you do a search where I go on no end about the probs.

Now have a Panasonic 42 and that is buggered too. But I will accept a new Panny, I refused a replacement Samsung. Nice idea, nice size - completely lousy in practise.

The latest video from AVForums

LG SN11RG Dolby Atmos Soundbar, plus, XBOOM Go PN7 & PL7 Wireless Speaker Reviews
Top Bottom