• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung Soundbar HW-C451 - Buzzing with Xbox 360 optical

swedishfish83

Standard Member
Model: HW-C451
Connection type : optical

I purchased the HW-C451 a few days ago, and have loved it so far. I have 3 devices I swap between the 2 optical inputs. (Mac Mini, PS3, Xbox 360). The PS3 and Mac work without problems. However, The second I turn on the Xbox 360, I can hear a humming noise coming from the soundbar (both speakers). This is not present with any other device.

I have tried 2 different Xboxs (Elite, regular), also swapped the optical cable for a known good cable, also swapped the VGA video cable on the Xbox. (we have 3 in the household). I have also unplugged all other devices in the room, including the wireless sub, to minimize interference. The problem persists.

The only other thing I can think of is the wireless router in the house. I have disconnected the wireless on the xbox, but have not yet changed the frequency settings on the router.

Any thoughts? Help would be greatly appreciated.

takeaguess

Standard Member
slighlty off topic, but can I ask where you got the 451 from?(silver version) as I have been looking everywhere and only ever see the 450 black soundbar. Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom