Samsung Sound Bar - Panasonic Viera TV Connection Issues

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by y2jbriggs, Aug 30, 2013.

1. y2jbriggs

y2jbriggs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all.

I am having some problems linking my HW 450 Samsung Sound Bar up with my Panasonic Viera TV and having the set up working as it should.

I have previously had this set up and working perfectly, however must have changed a setting somewhere which means it is not working as it previously did.

Previously I used a HDMI cable (v1.4) to connect from the HDMI Out on the sound bar to the HDMI 2 ARC on the TV. It appeared as TV ARC on the soundbar and worked fine. The sound bar would turn on/off automatically when the TV was turned on/off and I could use the TV remote to control sound bar sound.

Now, using the same set up and connections, it doesn't work as before. There is no automatic turn on/off of the sound bar with the TV, the TV remote will not control the sound bar volume and there seems no quick fire way of even getting the TV sound out of the bar. It reads D. IN on the sound bar, and after a few selections – mainly Anynet+ ‘On' and then the speaker selections ‘TV Speaker' to ‘AVR Speaker' it sometimes works – not always though?!

I have read other posts regarding similar issues and have tried suggestions but to no avail. Not sure whether a setting has changed on the TV, sound bar or indeed the connection is incorrect (but has previously worked).

I do imagine it is purely a setting change that is required rather than hardware issue, but after long nights of trying (what seems like) all options, I have yet to have this working as intended and as previously!

Any suggestions on what to try?

Thanks in advance of any responses.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  2. MemX

MemX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,206
    Can you reset the soundbar to its factory settings? You might be able to start afresh and hopefully make it work properly again :)

3. K1NGY14

K1NGY14
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This has just suddenly happened to me, do you have a fix for it?

4. K1NGY14

K1NGY14
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For anyone that has any issues with this the only thing I did was turn my plug off and on again and this seems to have done the trick :D

5. MemX

MemX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,206
    haha! Turn it off and turn it on again, the universal fix for everything :D :p lol

6. y2jbriggs

y2jbriggs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No fix as yet. Will try the on/off trick tonight. Failing that I might try to update the software?!

MemX - There doesn't seem to be a reset to factory settings option.

K1NGY14 - What caused yours to mess up in the first place? Did you switch yours off at plug by any chance? That is the only thing I can think caused mine - when I turned all power off when I went on my hols!

7. y2jbriggs

y2jbriggs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    on/off worked. Great that it is sorted - frustrating I spent hours messing with every setting combination possible :facepalm:

8. MemX

MemX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,206
    Result! :)