• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung Soul or G800?

Paul Simons

Hi there,

I'm about to upgrade my phone, currently have a Samsung D900 and very happy with it. I'm torn between the Soul and the G800. I've never had a touch screen phone before so a bit unsure about it but can you please give your opinions on which one I should get?

Many thanks.

davepuma

Distinguished Member
Do you need touch screen? TBH, I've had my Samdung for a few months and I've hated it from the start. Texting is hit and miss and often it deletes letters, words and whole passages for no reason. Sometimes, it won't let me hang up which is particularly annoying if you've just left a message on someone's answer machine or voicemail. As soon as my 12 months is up, I'm going back to a SE or Nokia with keys! Two of my mates have Viewty's and both agree with me. Once you get over the 'wow' factor of having a big screen etc. it soon wears off and you hanker after a standard phone with a keyboard.

Bagsey

Standard Member
can't comment on the Soul but I defy anyone to be able to type quicker with keys than my Mrs can on her touch screen keyboard on her iphone. Her fingers are like a blur and I have to say, ever with my fat fingers I find it very easy to type without missing the key I wanted.

Thats the iphone though, other touch screens may vary.

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
My mate brought his Samsung Soul round today, I hated it. The sound was terrible, he played some music on it and it was tinny and the max volume wasn't very loud at all. The touchscreen was a bit hit and miss, overall very unimpressed and I certainly wouldn't swap my N95 for one! Can't recommend it based on what I saw today

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom