• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

samsung smt-2100c cable box won't change channels when smasung tv is on

Cozyuk

Standard Member
been annoying me for weeks this has and i have only just found out what the problem is

basically i have a samsung sct-2100c connected to my samsung LE37M87BDX via scart cable

for weeks i have been having problems changing the channel on the cable box, thought there was a problem with the box as i had to put the remote right next to the box to get it to change channel (very annoying :mad: ), tried batteries in remote and checked cables etc

now i have just realised that when the television is on standby the remote changes channels absolutely fine, thought i would test it and sure enough when the tv is on it struggles to change channel at all, tried it umpteen times now and this is the problem

is this a known issue as it looks to me the two are conflicting with each other maybe because they are both samsungs

can't get the tv remote to control the cable box either tried lots of codes and it won't work

has anyone got a solution or could give me advice on where to go from here as it's driving me nuts

Cheers

Cozy

Ben

Prominent Member
The backlight on some LCDs are known to generate a lot of IR & interfere with the IR from the remote (particularly on some Samsungs apparently). Try turning the backlight down on your TV. Failing that try something like this, or do a forum search for IR/backlight interfere(s)/interference or similar.

m.stephens

Established Member
I have the same problem with an early Pace 1010 STB and a Technosonic TV. Everything works OK after the TV has been on for a few minutes though.

What astonishes me is that only VM equipment seems to be affected by LCD TVs. I have a DVD player, a DVD recorder, a VCR and a Freeview recorder under the TV, all of which work perfectly well when the TV is switched on, as does my music centre which is also close by.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom