Samsung SmartTV - automatic switch to HDMI source when turned on

lafaki

Novice Member
Hi,

We have a ue55ru7475 model and I would like to enable it so that it automatically switches to an HDMI source when input is detected i.e. input device is turned on.

Is that possible?

Our older Panasonic TV model supports this functionality by default.
When searching in internet, I have only found some articles about the HDMI Consumer Electronics Control (HDMI-CEC) standard.

Regards,
Akis

zeppelino

Distinguished Member
Go into General settings - smart features - enable autorun last app.

May be slightly differently named as I have a 2017 Samsung.

lafaki

Novice Member
I have already done that and it works fine.

What I want is that e.g. when I switch on an HDMI device while watching live TV, the TV to change input source from live TV to that HDMI source that just turned on.

cuke2u

I think most tv's are setup to control the device these days not Visa versa...

lafaki

Novice Member
Well, I have found this post

This seems to be the opposite of what I want

JayCee

Distinguished Member
HDMI CEC doesn’t always work with different brands (and often the same brand) of equipment.

zeppelino

Distinguished Member
Sorry, I misunderstood your query.

Turn off hdmi cec on both devices. Turn both off and unplug the hdmi cable. Plug it back in after 5/10 minutes and turn on both devices. Flick cec back on - if that doesn’t work then you’ll have to do things manually as there’s no set standard for cec.

lafaki

Novice Member
Thanks all for your reply.

I applied the above steps and the HDMI source auto switch did not work again.
The device connected via HDMI is PC.

Regardless of the support for HDMI CEC, the TV is aware of the state of all connected devices i.e. On/Off state is shown on the device icon.

Auto-detect seems to work, the functionality that is needed is the auto-switch.

lafaki

Novice Member
The way I'm reading it is the OP wants his TV to auto-switch to the HDMI input his PC is connected to when the PC is turned on.

Yes, this is right :)

My old Panasonic TV from 2011 supports that for one out of thevthree HDMI inputs.

It is quite handy when turning on the PC while watching TV.

cuke2u

The way I'm reading it is the OP wants his TV to auto-switch to the HDMI input his PC is connected to when the PC is turned on.
Then I don't know, I would have thought though, as the pc does not support cec, it will not send the necessary info to the tv?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom