Samsung Smart TV Apps

judethedude

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I've recently purchased a new 40" Samsung Smart TV but cannot find the apps for either Channel 4 or 5 to download. Does anyone please have any idea how to find these apps or how to view "on demand" content for Channel 4/5 on a new Samsung Smart TV ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

There are dozens of Samsung "Smart TV's"
You need to give the set's model number.

There are dozens of Samsung "Smart TV's"
You need to give the set's model number.

Hmm, I assumed the Smart TV software would be the same on all Samsung Smart TV's but perhaps not. It's a UE40KU6400U and I can get Netflix, Amazon Prime, BBC iPlayer & ITV apps without a problem but not Channel 4 & 5 !

Newer Samsung TVs use the proprietary Tizen OS for SMART functionality and there's not an All 4 SMART app yet available for or on that platform. Many of this year's new Samsung TVs initially launched without apps for services such as iPlayer, but were later updated as apps becme available. No one appears to know if or when those apps still absent or missing will be made available for the new TVs running the Tizen OS? It is really down to channel 4 to write an ALL 4 app that runs on the Tizen platform and until they do no app will be available for that platform.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom