Samsung Smart TV apps have gone!!

blemmer

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi

A few days ago I went to the Smart Hub and noticed my apps had gone. I had a few maybe 5-6 but now I only have a few default ones, but the main ones that i used like Youtube and Lovefilm are not there anymore??
I tried googling this issue and see someone had this a few days ago and they fixed it by resetting through Settings but this didnt work for me and if anything made it worse.
When i try to go the Internet it just says connecting and doesnt do anything else. My internet connection is fine as the TV is hard wired to the router itself.
Funny thing is that I had ITV player as an app (not sure why it was still there after the other apps disappeared) but when i did a reset that went as well.
I have no idea what to do now and it is really frustrating. Think I might need to send the TV back.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi there,
Just logged into my tv an exactly the same prob as you, all apps apart from the standard are gone so any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

mine too!:mad:
whats happened??
i have samsung tv, are both of yours samsung?

It was a world wide Samsung problem, seems to be back to normal now. But it would have been nice for Samsung to issue a statement saying what went wrong.

mine isnt back :(
tried resetting it like lots of forums said but no luck
cant get online at all, just get error network update 002

Just noticed the same thing has happened to mine, anybody know how to fix it? Tried factory reset but nothing changed.

And me. The TV says I am connected to the internet but if I select an app it just say connecting but never does.

HI, same thing with me, apps gone and they still didnt return. Guess samsung has some server problems :S

Hi! I'm in Canada. Same problem here. I do have internet access..web browser works fine but all my Apps are gone. Tried to reset smart hub.. didn't help :( When I try to re-download apps I'm still getting network error message.. so my guess is server problems as well..

Last edited:
As many of of you i also experienced same problems with samsung smart hub, i live in poland, so as i see this problem is world-wide. Yeterday i reported through samsung cyber service center problem of dissapearing apps in smart hub. This is what i get as in response to my report:

Uprzejmie informuję, że problem ze znikającymi aplikacjami w usłudze
Smart HUB został zgłoszony do Centrali firmy Samsung. Trwają prace
usprawniające nasz serwer. Bardzo proszę o cierpliwość nie jest to
kwestia odbiornika telewizyjnego i w najbliższych dniach wszystko
powinno wrócic do normy.

Use google translator, or my translation:

I kindly inform you that problem with dissapearing applications in smart hub service has been reported to the headquarter of Samsung. We are working to improve our servers. Please be patient, this is not a problem with tv device and in the next few days everything should go fine.

Gadulowaty,
PS. Soory for my bad english :)

I was up most of night trying to fix Samsung TV re apps. Still not fixed and I've tryed everything. Any ideas or are Samsung fixing it?

Hi there
just home from work an logged into my smart tv, its fixing itself back to the way I had it. Must have been a samsung global prob. All is now well with my tv.
Yf
Jason

Yes I am now back and up and running although my ITV player is still missing after it automatically did a couple of hub updates and re-installed the missing apps.

It is a bit scary how a server probably in Korea can kill your TV.

Or, to express it differently, how it can stop a few silly things working, while leaving intact the main functions of any TV, to provide broadcast TV programmes, and to show video sent to it from a variety of other sources.:)

Or, to express it differently, how it can stop a few silly things working, while leaving intact the main functions of any TV, to provide broadcast TV programmes, and to show video sent to it from a variety of other sources.:)

In all honesty, I watch 95% of television either via on-demand services or other legal streaming, so the BBC iPlayer and Netflix apps on the Samsung do get quite a bit of usage. I only really watch live TV for the news or the odd bit of sports.

So when the hub goes down for me, my TV essentially is bricked. Thankfully I have other devices that are more reliable and can get those services anyway.

All working for me again. On Saturday I switched TV on and went to Smart Hub but apps still werent there. When i hit the Login button then it said Smart hub needed to be updated and when it went through its steps it the apps came down.

Although it is a bit unsettling that a remote server (in korea?) can take total control over what is basically a computer, that you own, in your house, without your explicit permission.

Sorry to bump this thread but my apps have disappeared today, has anyone else had this happen?

I have tried reinstalling apps but only one has installed so far. Now I have problems with downloading the other apps and now i can not get into app store because network issues with the TV all other devices work as they should with my BT internet. Thinking of doing a reset...

Looks like Samsung is having problems again.

My first suggestion is not to waste your time right now trying to reinstall everything. It could be an issue with Samsung's servers and that may come back to normal shortly.

My second suggestion is to contact Samsung. Let them know you issue, and ask what is going on.

Feel free to report back here with what Samsung says.

I haven't tested my TV this morning, but will when I get back to see if I have the same issue.

I checked my tv last night and all the apps seem to be ok. But then again when this happened to me dont think it happened to everyone. Could just be those on affected servers with the issue.
But still I agree with the above, report to Samsung and express that you are not happy at all..!!!

My apps seem to be okay but when I click on Web browser it goes into 'updating' and never gets any further
Anyone else?

I've been losing all my Smart Hub apps for the past week and a half since I bought the TV. The CSR here in Estonia told to wait for a Smart Hub update which should be in in about 2-3 months.
The symptoms: sometimes (not all the time) when I open the Smart Hub it prompts me to update the system, then proceeds to delete all my installed apps and does nothing else - no actual update performed.
Is there a way to disable the automatic update as this will at least retain my current system configuration?

I had teh sam eproblem sent the TV back to John Lewis the new one is fine

Just got this issue today. All my apps are gone and trying to go to "Samsung Apps" just hangs. Even the pre-installed apps have gone (just left with Guide, AllShare etc).

Should I wait it out or is there a fix?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom