• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung Smart TV and satellite receiver

towser

I have a Samsung Smart TV UE32ES5500KXXU in a bedroom and want to watch my Protek satellite receiver on it (situated in my living room and connected to my main TV) the Protek is on my LAN as is the TV but I don't want to run an more cables.

What would be the best way to do this? I have looked at the possibility of using a slingbox but read that the smart tv will not connect to this directly.

For anyone not familiar with the Protek, it is NOT Linux based, and everything on my network is connected to a Netgear DGND3700 N600 Dual Band Wireless ADSL Router. I also currently have a HTPC that I can view on my Samsung TV via Allshare but this is limited to files I have shared.

Many thanks for any help/ advice

Ron

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom