Samsung smart remote wont output IR after the TV turns on?

Crushbam3

Novice Member
Reaction score
After checking with my phone camera i can see that the remote that the remote that came with my samsung S95B tv outputs IR when the TV is turned off but once it turns on it stops, this isn't an issue when it comes to controlling the smart tv and nvidia shield but my sky+hd box only works with IR and i've also gotten it to work with this remote just not while the TV is on does anybody know a fix for this? any help appreciated

After checking with my phone camera i can see that the remote that the remote that came with my samsung S95B tv outputs IR when the TV is turned off but once it turns on it stops, this isn't an issue when it comes to controlling the smart tv and nvidia shield but my sky+hd box only works with IR and i've also gotten it to work with this remote just not while the TV is on does anybody know a fix for this? any help appreciated
You need to pair first your RC with "back" button + "play/pause"

Upvote 0
The smart remote only outputs IR once to turn the TV on, the rest is Bluetooth.

Upvote 0
No, if you don't pair remote you can use it as IR remote. Not all buttons work in that mode and you can control other Samsung TVs.

Upvote 0
I've gotten it to work with IR while the tv is on and paired. I went into connected devices, universal remote, and pressed add cable/satellite box. I then put my service provider as BskyB but i dont think that's really necessary you can pick any i thin but not sure. Then when prompted to test if the cahnnel changes you try twice and it will fail both times, from the third attempt onwards a message pops up saying "check your box is set to receive IR" and the remote is now outputting IR and working

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom