Samsung smart hub

Studentmac

Established Member
Reaction score
Got a few questions on my Samsung UE55D8000, trying to get videos from pc to tv and having though it seems to update folders instantly files dont, is there a button to refresh the folder your in or a way to get windows media center to play to tv. I have tried to play to tv in the past but it just says it wasnt able to.

Also trying to watch videos online too, doesnt seem that there is a 4od, itv, etc app on the tv and when i go into websites it says it needs flash player (which I thought was on the tv) how do I get flash onto the tv and is there any other apps that can go on as the samsung smart apps are very limited.

Also have a different type of question, more on my stupidity, I have 2 tvs in the same room that are both samsung, knew it was a possibility that both remotes would effect both tv's and ive come to realise theres not much I can do about that, but Ive been wondering about the smart side of the tv,

You can get and I want to get keyboards that go to the tv (was surprised a normal keyboard didnt work in the usb port like it does on the ps3) to help when on facebook etc, are any of these accessories able to control the tv but dont use the normal IR (so via bluetooth or something like that) so it wont effect the other tv?

Last edited:
If your sharing media from your PC you need a DLNA server, you don't mention what your using ? WMP is not very good and picture quality is good. I'd recommend using Serviio, its free, available for most platforms and with the added bonus of you can add online streams coming very soon (in testing e.g 4OD).

The tv has a browser and with flash support but it doesn't say on Samsung website what version. It could be stuck on an old version, go to BBC news, does the flash content work ? If your stuck contact Samsung perhaps, they will have a support phone number.

Samsung has developed a free downloadable app which allows iPhone and Android smartphone owners to use their phones to control the D8000 via the built-in Wifi, try that perhaps ?

Amazing,

Mobile app works great, bbc news works great too, its flash 10.2 that it says it needs, tried to download off adobe but dont sure what os to put down, or even if they have one on it.

As for DLNA youll need to forgive me on that one as I have no clue, in smart up it just comes up video and pc as an option. it shows the majority of files, sometimes renaming the file makes it appear but sometimes its just a pain. sometimes shows laptop but not always.

Also trying to get 3d movies too but they dont run, tried putting that one through vuze converter to ps3 but still no joy, they wont go onto flash pen for some reason, says its too big but its only about 8G and the flash pen was more than that.

You won't be able to download flash from adobe, Samsung would provide an update via the tv's network connection, if they produce one at all.

DLNA, if your happy with how its playing files from your PC then don't worry. However if you want improve things you could try Serviio.

The file won't go onto the usb flash pen drive as I'm guessing its FAT32 format and it has a file size limit. You'll need to reformat it to NTFS so you can copy the file.

Worth a try and I know what you mean now,

I was using default but was using vuze to transcode the files that wont play (mkv files for 3d movies this time round) so it was compatable but for some reason still not compatable, so I have downloaded serviio, struggling to see what its doing as its not as graphic but ive set it to look at the folder and put it up to 4 core usage for transcoding so hopefully something will show up eventually to let me know ive set it up right :)

Vuze has a habbit of not showing up all the time so hopefully this will

holy hell just thought id pop on and see if it showed up and its already got everything there and i mean everything!

3d movies showing up side by side rather than in 3d, know how to fix that?

edit: got it working, hit the 3d button and chose the icon that shows side by side

thanks youve been a great help, just need to find if there has been a firmware update, or would that be automatic?

Last edited:
Serviio is very good :)

3D movies, if they are playing natively then its how your tv is interrupting them. Do you know if it can play the movie you tested as 3D when not using Serviio ?

they didnt play the files at all but got that sorted so im soo happy, just need the hurricane to stop so I can hear them better :)

Serviio is very good :)

3D movies, if they are playing natively then its how your tv is interrupting them. Do you know if it can play the movie you tested as 3D when not using Serviio ?

Serviio doesn't work at all with my Samsung UED468000. By far the best DLNA Server I've found is Mezzmo, in fact, it's the only one that works properly and I've tried 5.

Mezzmo is good, its paid for. I'm surprised Serviio didn't work for you, did you use the Serviio forums to investigate why? If you've tried 5 and they don't work it would indicate a problem with your setup perhaps.

It works wonders for me, when you say it doesnt work how do you mean? is it that the option isnt there or the the files dont play?

I get "format not supported" on music files and photos take an age. Maybe it's because I'm running from a laptop and the processing power isn't enough. Doesn't explain why Mezzmo works though.

I get "format not supported" on music files and photos take an age. Maybe it's because I'm running from a laptop and the processing power isn't enough. Doesn't explain why Mezzmo works though.

Could be, Mezzmo might use less ram or it could be that serviio cant convert certain formats, but im just speculating

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom