Samsung Smart Hub - UE46D7000

Togsie

Standard Member
Hi All,

I'm trying to get to grips with the Smart Hub option on my new D7000. I have 2 questions:

1. Your Video - I came across this video tutorial that explains how it should work Detail Shown Product , but when I do find a film with the VOD caption there is no "Watch" tab. Am I missing something? Has anyone (UK based) been able to get this to work?

2. Skype - I've set it up and can login but how are you supposed to use it without a mic? If I get hold of a USB mic, and camera for that matter, and plug them in will the D7000 recognise them?

Thanks and regards.
Ken.

Togsie

Standard Member
OK I'll answer my own question re Skype. It appears that you need a Samsung TV camera (CY-STC1100/XC). They seem to cost around the £60 mark.

Can anyone answer the second part of my question about the "Your Video" option.

ANYONE? :lease:

Thanks and regards.
Ken.

idbirch

The more I use SmartHub, the more I think it's a pile of ****. The web browser is so painful to use it may as well not exist and the StupidHub's current favourite trick is deleting apps I've installed when I launch it. At the moment, I can't get the "Explore 3D" app to stick. If I turn the TV off/on and re-launch StupidHub, it automatically deletes Explore 3D and I have to install it again.

Twon

OK I'll answer my own question re Skype. It appears that you need a Samsung TV camera (CY-STC1100/XC). They seem to cost around the £60 mark.

Can anyone answer the second part of my question about the "Your Video" option.

ANYONE? :lease:

Thanks and regards.
Ken.

I'd be interested to see where you get the camera for £60?

Most places are over £100!

Togsie

Standard Member
The more I use SmartHub, the more I think it's a pile of ****. The web browser is so painful to use it may as well not exist and the StupidHub's current favourite trick is deleting apps I've installed when I launch it. At the moment, I can't get the "Explore 3D" app to stick. If I turn the TV off/on and re-launch StupidHub, it automatically deletes Explore 3D and I have to install it again.

If you think that the Web Browser is bad you should try using the one that's built into the Kindle. That really is BAD.

Regards.
Ken.

jenni1uk

Standard Member
Hi all

Lost internet connection to smart hub today on my d8000. Just got it a month agao and has been working fine. my desktop pc and ipod all working fine but tv will not load smarthub and interbet opotions despite fiding my wireless connection.

Any ideas; AOL have verified my IP address is as per the samsung network connection.

Will samsung come out to help fix this?

Cryoman

Standard Member
Is it practical for you to try a wired connection Jenni1uk?
If not the only thing I can suggest is running plug & play setup again to see if that reestablishes your ip connection and gives the Smart Hub a quick kick up its backside.
I'd not hold out a whole lot of hope for a Samsung visit, but you might get some help from their tech support.
If you go to the website "saynoto0870" you'll find a local number for Samsung so at least if they can help you it won't cost you an arm & leg using their premium rate number.
The more I read the more it seems we could really use a Smart Hub Board, but I don't know how to get in touch with the moderators to make the suggestion.

Last edited:

heathen74

Standard Member
I had a problem with the smart hub loading but not finding internet,
I'd earlier downloaded the you-tube video app from the store and found deleting this app got everything back working ok

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom