Samsung SMART Hub issues

dante01

Distinguished Member
Samsung quite often have issues with their SMART Hub in relation to their own servers and administration. Anyway, Samsung are currently once again experiencing issues and some of those wanting to use apps via the SMART Hub on their Samsung TVs may currently be unable to do so. I contacted Samsung in relation to this and received the following response:

With regards to your concern about Smart Hub, we really apologise about this inconvenience, we have just got an update that this is a known issue and Samsung Engineers are now working hard to rectify this concern as soon as possible.

You may be getting varied degrees of access or no access what-so-ever? You may also find that you cannot log into your Samsung account via your TV? Samsung are aware of the situation and are suggesting the following to try rectify the problems:

1. Ensure that the firmware is latest.

1.1. Go to "Menu."
1.2. Select "Support."
1.3. Select "Software Upgrade."
1.4. Select "By Online" then press on "Update Now."

Note: If software/firmware has been recently updated, please confirm the version indicated.

1.5. Go to "Menu."

1.6. Go to "Support."

1.7. Go to "Contact Samsung."

2. Change the DNS Setting to 8:8:8:8.

2.1. Go to "Menu."
2.2. Select "Network."
2.3. Select "Network Settings."
2.4. Change the DNS Settings to "Enter Manually."
2.5. Input "8.8.8.8."

3. Reset "Smart Hub" and at the point where "Terms and Conditions" are shown press the following keys on the remote control in sequence: "FF" (Fast Forward), 2, 8, 9, "Rewind" (a country selection list will appear - select another country instead of UK).

3.1. Go to "Menu."
3.2. Select "Smart Features."
3.3. Select "Smart Hub Reset." (Default PIN is 0000)
3.4. Start "Smart Hub" and go through the Smart Hub setup process.
3.5. Launch Smart Hub and open the full "Apps" pane.
3.6. Wait for all the apps/applications to finish updating.

4. Finish remainder of setup.

5. Once completed, reset Smart Hub once again and at the point where "Terms and Conditions" are shown press the following keys on the remote control in sequence: "FF" (Fast Forward), 2, 8, 9, "Rewind" (a country selection list will appear - select UK).

5.1. Go to "Menu."
5.2. Select "Smart Features."
5.3. Select "Smart Hub Reset." (Default Pin is 0000)
5.4. Start "Smart Hub" and go through the Smart Hub setup process.
5.5. Launch "Smart Hub" and open the full "Apps" pane.
5.6. Wait for all the apps/applications to finish updating.

6. Finish Smart Hub setup and test if the problem is resolved.

In my case, changing the DNS setting resolved the issue for me:

2. Change the DNS Setting to 8:8:8:8.

2.1. Go to "Menu."
2.2. Select "Network."
2.3. Select "Network Settings."
2.4. Change the DNS Settings to "Enter Manually."
2.5. Input "8.8.8.8."

Note that you may not notice that there is an issue? In my case it wasn't apparent I had a problem until after I actually attempted to play content via iPlayer. The iPlayer app itself launches without issue and correctly displays available content, but it isn't until you actually select something and attempt to play it that you hit a brick wall and an error message appears. I couldn't also gain access to the Samsung app downloads via the Samsung app which results in a error message appearing. Amazon Instant launched, but failed to connect to Amazon's own servers. Netflix worked without issue. The BBC Sports app reported an error when ever an attempt to play video content was made.

Anyway, I hope this helps if you are also having issues similar to mine, either now or in the future. :)

Last edited:

sandman666

Not noticed any issues so far with my new set,but i will give it a road test and see how it behaves.

Thanks Dante for the heads up,much appreciated buddy.;)

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom