Samsung SM400Pn - Advice please

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by duncanm3, Dec 23, 2006.

Tags:
  1. duncanm3

duncanm3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

I'm new to the forum and I am seeking some advice re the above LCD.

I have just purchased it and I'm having problems setting it up.

I have purchased cables from Maplins and have a scart to Stereo Phono and video between my Sky+ box and my Sanyo 'Home Cinema System'. I then have a scart to s-video and stereo phono between my HCS and LCD.

I have 2 problems, the main one being that the picture quality is poor and is black and white...the other being that the lip sync is out when watching Sky+ (Lip sync ok on DVD's)

Any help gratefully received as I only have 1 day to get the right cables before christmas.

Would appreciate replies in 'dummy form' as I'm not the most clued up in this area :thumbsup:

2. paul-av-tech

paul-av-tech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Sorry, not overly familiar with your set up, but a couple of pointers which may help..

No colour - your leads tend to imply its being driven via CVBS. I would check options on both the Sky box and the TV to make sure neither are set to SVideo mode. This will give no colour.

Lip Synch. Suggest you unplug the SKY box and leave 10 mins then power back up. Their is a known issue whereby the data processing becomes out of synch. This may cure the problem.

3. duncanm3

duncanm3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers

Will try it after Match of the day:smashin:

4. duncanm3

duncanm3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't think the B&W issue is a Sky problem as the HCS is connected directly to the LCD and DVD's are producing B&W pics also.

The Lip sync issue may be because the Sky feed is going via the HCS and the pics are then fed on to the LCD.

Would be happy to swap cables if someone can suggest a better way of linking everything up.

5. duncanm3

duncanm3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0