Samsung SM2032MW vs LG 22" Flatron M228WD

Chadruharazzeb

Standard Member
Reaction score
Thinking of getting a new TV-cum-monitor thing in a couple of weeks but don't know which of these to go for.

The LG is slightly bigger which is a good thing but costs more and I'm not sure if the quality is particularly great. I've heard the Samsung's are of pretty decent quality - but is there much difference?

Thanks.

What kind of price range are you looking at? I've been looking for something similar for a few weeks and in the end went for the Samsung 225MD which you cen get from around £250 - £280 if you look hard enough.

There's also the 225MW which has a slightly lower contrast ratio (700:1 as opposed to 1000 with the MD) and no digital tuner.

The LG looked a really good machine and has good reviews - the only reason I didn't go for that one is it doesn't seem to have a headphone socket and I really needed one.

EDIT - Should mention that it hasn't arrived yet so can't give any kind of opinion on it.

Don't really want to spend any more than £250. I'll be quite happy with the LG unit if the quality isn't significantly worse than that of the Samsung.

LG is looking good then it's £240 on ebuyer http://www.ebuyer.com/product/139180

Samsung 225MW lower contrast ratio and no digital tuner
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/133810/show_product_overview

If you fancy a punt, the 225MD (1000:1 contrast and digital tuner) is on bigpockets for £240 delivered as part of their bankrupt stock sale (this is what I bought but can't guarantee it as haven't seen it yet)

http://www.bigpockets.co.uk/product...4558&session=16b4955870402da7f0aaad31932f7b01

And the Sense 26" at £270 has had good reviews on this site and ebuyer

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/134821

That 22" Samsung 225MW looks pretty good, thanks very much for the recommendation.

It is. I've just had the 225MD delivered and got it plugged in. Absolutely recommend it.

EDIT - although they say on Big Pockets that it's 'As new' it's new really - all cables still wrapped and sealed. They've had it out and switched it on but that's all. An absolute bargain for £240.

don't mean to ask a silly question, but i am looking at buying the same 225MD from Big Pockets, but use it primarily as a bedroom TV and occasionally hook up my macbook to it to watch video etc...

So my silly question is, does this TV have an aerial socket at the back? As mainly we'll be plugging the TV LINK into it so we can watch our sky programs in the bedroom.

Many Thanks

Yep. 225MD has analog & digital terrestrial and an aerial socket. Don't know how those TV link things work but plugging that in may prevent it picking up DVB-T, but I guess you don't care if you're using a TV Link.

If it's coming in on Analog you can also use it for PIP.

Yep. 225MD has analog & digital terrestrial and an aerial socket. Don't know how those TV link things work but plugging that in may prevent it picking up DVB-T, but I guess you don't care if you're using a TV Link.

If it's coming in on Analog you can also use it for PIP.

excellent.. i'll be ordering mine today then :)

yeah.. with TV link won't be able to use the DVB-T, but dont really care.. and it worst came to worst, can always unplug the tv link and hook up the aerial to it anyway.. no biggie..

right.. tv arrived earlier this morning..

opened it and you can tell its definitely been used before.. but its still in good nick.. so was slightly disappointed in that..

plugged in my tv link into the aerial slot at the back of the tv which connects to my skyHD box downstairs..

auto-tuned the analogue signals and also DTV which worked a treat.. PQ was fine.. (for normal terrestrial tv channels)

then found the channel which picks up my sky box and it's nowhere near as good :(

even the HD channels are looking well.. non-hd..
it looked extremely crisp on my 14" crt, but on this 22" lcd even the analogue broadcats are better than the sky channels.. which is shocking :eek:

am i doing something insanely wrong?
have a missed a setting?

thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom