1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung Slimfit HDTV WS32Z308P CRT

Discussion in 'TVs' started by jckm2000, Jun 8, 2005.

1. jckm2000

jckm2000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Samsung Slimfit HDTV WS32Z308P CRT £499

( http://www.be-direct.co.uk/productDetails.asp?id=17260 )

Hi Folks,

I'm looking at getting hold of the above TV. Can't afford a good Plasma or LCD and the cheap ones just look bad to me. This set sounds great but
    I've heard a little grumbling (geometry wise) from the US where these sets have been available for some time but they are new to the UK and the model is slightly different.

They have one at my local Currys but it's not on show and they say they won't have room for it on their display for over a month ( Uhh?) so I can't check it out for myself.

Soooo Has anyone got one of these or has anyone seen one in action in their local store? Or heard anything on the grapevine regarding these TVs?

Any feedback would be great. :)

Cheers,

Jon.

2. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,954
    Sorry no experience of the set either but just wanted to say what a short-sighted attitude Curry's have losing a potential sale for such an excuse! :thumbsdow

3. Eiji

Eiji

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Well I have read that it does have a low horizontal resolution, around 800 lines compared to Sony's HDTVs which have 1400 lines so the Samsung will display less detail and also won't look as clear and defined as Sony's sets.

The unfortunate thing is that none of the Sony HDTVs are available in the UK yet :/

4. jckm2000

jckm2000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Also I like the idea of a slim 32" TV. Normal CRTs are just too bulky. Some people in the US have reported that these TVs look great, others that it aint so good. I'd like to stay with CRT for now until plasma technology gets better and cheaper ( a cheap £1000 plasma, if it lasts 3 years, will work out costing around £1 per day, £30 a month! )

I guess I'll have to wait for Currys to get around to putting one on display so I can take a look for myself.
    Seems wierd to hold back new technology because they don't have the space!

Doh!

Jon.

5. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    i heard this TV loses definition BIG time towards the edge, as if the resolution is compressed in the middle. Would make sense considering the "slim" ness. If you want pic quality get a bulky tv, if you wanna look cool get a LCD, if want a good compromise (which is catching up) get a plasma!

6. russw

russw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just had an email from samsung customer services stating that the UK slimfit model does NOT have a HDMI connection.

7. chriszzzzzz

chriszzzzzz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I have one.... There is a geometry problem at the edges but to be honest it doesn't notice once you get into the Tv Programe or DVD and stop looking for it.
    The picture quality on mine is excellent. It looks great aswell....