1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung Sky Remote Codes

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by PieOPah, Jul 12, 2005.

1. PieOPah

PieOPah
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,

I have recently bought a Samsung Plasma and am now attempting to get my Sky Remote programmed so it will at the very minimum change the volume...

I have looked through numerous threads and found numerous codes, none of which work for me :(

I have used 0088 which was mentioned in one thread but this failed to register on the remote as a valid code (others made the light flash twice).

The TV is a Samsung PS42V4SKX/XEU Plasma.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

2. PieOPah

PieOPah
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Nobody? :(

3. Chavvychase

Chavvychase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. PieOPah

PieOPah
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks, already tried that code along with 0088 neither of which worked. I have been through all the 3 digit codes with sky and it seems like my handset is too old :(

I can either live with having to operate the TV with the TV Remote or.... I can buy a new remote which should have the frequency available.

For the sake of wanting to adjust the volume or power off the TV (which is all I need the sky remote for) I think I'll (unfortunately) live with what I have

5. Chavvychase

Chavvychase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It doesn't seem to work for me either. I'm not bothered though, as I manage OK with the two remotes.

The Sky book i have does say 0060. My Samsung manual gives a lot of cable codes, but I've not ploughed through them

6. lees10

lees10
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i have the same tv and did manage to get sky+ remote to control the tv - hopefully normal sky should work also.

I do seem to remember that to get mine to work, I typed in a manufacturer code (4 digit no.), then had to cycle through all samsung codes to find the one that worked. I had to repeat this process a couple of times to get the code that worked (as I'd obviously been doing it incorrectly somehow).

Please see this website about programming the remote (which is what I used at the time-apologies if you've seen the website already):

http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/digicode.htm

good luck!!

ps - fyi - my v4sx is broken (see seperate thread on here about not being able to connect this tv to a pc via dvi). I've been waiting two weeks for samsung to do something about it and I am still waiting - when I ring, the samsung staff are generally not interested and they never ring back when they say they will. I hope you get many trouble free years with yours as I seriously regret buying mine.

7. jsjazz

jsjazz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had same problem, but following above advice, it seems to be working now.
    Sky remote (not Sky+), Samsung PDS42s5HX.
    Press TV
    Press Select and Red button
    Press TV
    Enter 0060
    Press standby. If TV doesn't go off, press TV again and then standby. Repeat TV/Standby until TV turns off- for me it happened on the second one.
    Press enter to store the code on the remote.
    And you're done!
    Good luck to all you lucky Sammy owners! Just got mine today, well chuffed.