Samsung Sky HD box broken :( Sky offer recon box.

varkanoid

:(

I accidentally broke the white block connector socket off the top Sky HD navigation keypad on my Samsung HD box. The small square circuit board that has the 9 navigation buttons on that lives underneath the top circular keypad. I did this when changing my internal fans I had problems refitting the plastic cover and snap. boo hoo.

So now I can not use the top navigation pad or on/off button. Also for some reason the remote is not working either.

Luckily I still had my Sky+ box so I rang Sky just to see how much a replacement box would be as my HD box is not under warranty. They paired my Sky+ box no problem and I was told it would cost me £65 for an engineer to come out and replace my box. It would not be a new one but a reconditioned one. I do not quite like this idea so I said I would leave it for a while.

So I tried to source a replacement part, possibly from a faulty box Satcure and Digifix could not help. Probably would buy a faulty Samsung off of Ebay maybe just to get the part. Noticed some of the Amstrad boxes were going for less than £30. Possibly due to the free Sky HD box you can get now off the website if you have Sky+.

You appreciate how good the Sky HD SD picture is over HDMI when you have to switch back to Sky+ over scart!

Anyone have a sky navigation pad from a Samsung HD they want to sell me ?

MartinPickering

Did you ask Michael at Digifix if he could simply repair your navigation PCB? Chances are that he can solder a cable direct and do away with the connector.

(Sorry we couldn't help, by the way. Pace is the only manufacturer willing to supply spare parts. Good on them!)

varkanoid

yeah I did thanks but he could not help. Going to see if I can get a faulty Samsung box.

varkanoid

yes the remote has stopped working too so not sure whether the IR receiver has been damaged or its disabled when the top nav pad is removed.

Might buy a magic eye and use it in the 2nd rf port. Need to play about with it more but not had the time.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom