Samsung SH893 DVD Recorder Erasing Timer Recording From EPG?

F22Raptor

Standard Member
Reaction score
Help My Samsung DVD Recorder Is Erasing Timer Recording"s From The EPG Can Anyone Help?I've Checked All Connections But It Still Cancels Recordings I've setup to record?

Hello,I am having the same problem,is yours a SH893m ? Bazza Mk2

Bazza Mk2 said:
Hello,I am having the same problem,is yours a SH893m ? Bazza Mk2

Hi Yes It's A Sh893M I set it up for a timer rec & it deletes them?

In case this is due to recent channel changes , do a rescan for channels.

In fact do two scans.- The first with the aerial removed which help to clear out all existing channel placeholders and give you a clean start.

Replace the aerial and do a second scan.

Good luck.

If you set it to record a programme for tonight and then set another for tomorrow on timer record will the one for tonight record and the one for tomorrow disappears?

This is what happens to mine and just started after daylight saving came in 27 March.

How old is your DVD?

Hello,
Spent 3 days on the phone with Samsung last week and a Sat.morning (courtesy call) doing re sets,channel scans, checking settings and downloaded firmware onto p.c. and onto dvd and installed in the recorder which fixed the date on 'add to list' menu,stopped it going back to 27th March every time I went in there.
The problem now is I can record things (on 'Timer Record')for the present day
(upto 8am the following morning) thats when it does a 'Time Check' any other recording for the rest of the week disappear.
Samsung gave up and told me to take it into a Samsung Service Centre and with being 2 years old it's going to be chargeable.
I can record on the 'Guide' menu but sometimes it cuts the end off programmes that's why I stopped using it.
Bazza Mk2

In fact do two scans.- The first with the aerial removed which help to clear out all existing channel placeholders and give you a clean start.

Good luck.

Gavtech said:

Good luck.

Hi,Thanks I will try that & let you know but thanks for all your help!

Bazza Mk2 said:
If you set it to record a programme for tonight and then set another for tomorrow on timer record will the one for tonight record and the one for tomorrow disappears?

This is what happens to mine and just started after daylight saving came in 27 March.

How old is your DVD?

Hi,Yes I set it to record for tonight & next day & so on until I've setup 12 Rec it sometimes records that nights program but will delete the other timing I've setup!
Last night it froze & remote would not respond or anything so I had to unplug the DVD!
I setup so recording last night & for rest of week & when I checked today the recording where still on schedule list so fingers x ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom