Samsung SH-B123L blu-ray firmware

Batauri

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have just bought dBPowerAmp only to find that it does not work in my PC (Win 10 ver 1703) with my Samsung blu-ray drive (SH-B123L). dBPowerAmp works with a Samsung external Blu-ray player that I have. SH-B123L is not recognised in Samsung's website. Device Manager claims that the driver is up to date (though dated 2006). I see that there are two later versions of the firmware available (but I cannot find them on Samsung's site). The latest file is sh-b123l_sb04.exe. I can find this on third party sites but don't know what to trust here - both in regard to malware and PUPs. An online chat with Samasung technical support advised me that the product is a business one (still can't find it on their site in the business area) and suggests that I ring a US East Coast number in office hours.... I am in UK.

Any suggestions welcome as to (a) the likelihood of a firmware update fixing things and (b) where I can get a trustworthy firmware file.

Did you try scanning the downloaded "shady" .exe files with both windows defender and Malware Bytes (making sure both have the latest definition updates first) ?

I haven't downloaded anything yet but may end up doing so so will scan before installing.

That's a pretty old drive so the odds of any firmware that fixes the issue are pretty low. The PC optical disc drive market is kinda dead so to speak and all the sites that covered ODD and hosted firmwares are all offline even Samsungs own sites.

The firmware looks like a samsung one but it's a risk using it no matter what, PC BD writers don't cost much these days if it comes to it may be time to part ways with it.

Before doing any of the above try changing the ripping mode to burst mode in settings and see if it detects the drive after that.

next010

Thaks for your comment. It does not work in burst mode either I'm afraid. In fact, more often than not, the software just freezes. In the light of the comments I will settle for my external drive which seems to work fine.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom