Samsung SGH-D600 "unsupported file format" HELP!!

bairdyboy1980

Hi,

Just got a Samsung SGH-D600 and having problems with transferring files over. I am using a usb cable and the samsung software provided.

I am getting " unsupported file format" with 3gp and mp4 files. Why cant i play these videos? have tried with mpegs and get the same. I phoned Samsung helpline and they are as helpful as a chocolate fire guard! They couldnt explain it and they seemed to think it was due to insufficient memory (I have a 512Mb card in). SOMEONE HELP!! :lease:

Thanks

Robbie

epic_monkey

Standard Member
Hi bairdyboy, I also seem to have the same problem with some of my mp3 files on my D600. From what I understand it is an issue with the codec used. I found that when the quality was very low or extremely high then it would have problems playing them. worked for me for some of the files, although some still dont play.

bairdyboy1980

I am waiting to get through to samsung tech services as they have this silly call back policy. If i find anything out i will let you know.

If anyone else knows can they shout :hiya:
:smashin:

skap7309

Banned
yeah id like to know how you get on cos i posted a similar problem in both the mobile phones and pc catorgries with my k750i but no-one knew a sausage. basically wanted to know if you can convert the files to 'phone friendly' :confused:

bairdyboy1980

Hi,

I got through to samsung (finally after 4 calls!!). Got through to a guy that new what he was talking about. He said that the only folder that you can download videos to is the "videos" folder and not any other. On your PC, if you press the + sign next to "video" it will drop down to "video downloads". you should place the videos in here when tranferring them (this is the folder that has the video player in it). Only supports 3gp, mp4 as far as i know (doesnt support mpeg).

Let me know how you get on.

Robbie

chrislad

skap7309 said:
yeah id like to know how you get on cos i posted a similar problem in both the mobile phones and pc catorgries with my k750i but no-one knew a sausage. basically wanted to know if you can convert the files to 'phone friendly' :confused:
Strange. I had no problems with my 750i. Just standard 128kbps MP3 format and they worked fine. My only problem was the bug that won't let copy to the memory stick properly but I just transferred them via my PSP and there was no problems.

skap7309

Banned
chrislad said:
Strange. I had no problems with my 750i. Just standard 128kbps MP3 format and they worked fine. My only problem was the bug that won't let copy to the memory stick properly but I just transferred them via my PSP and there was no problems.
I tried to download a wmv video clip (i think!) from a website and they copied and appear in my phone using sony ericsson file manager/usb but i cannot play them back. What i mean is there anyway to convert the wmv file into mp3, mp4 etc?

chrislad

Ummm, wmv are video files so they can't really be converted into MP3's (not including ripping the sound source and converting).

The only formats that the 750i supports are .mp3, .mp4 (includes .m4a as far as I know) and .aac. It will not play .wmv videos, .wma music or anything else.

Trending threads

Trending threads

Top Bottom