Samsung SF311 - Views?

Quinn1992

Standard Member
Reaction score
Seriously considering the Samsung SF311 as a new laptop for college specs are here and here,

Looks like a stylish portable laptop with fairly good specs at a reasonable price Amazon link, what interests me most is the claimed 9 hour battery life which I know will never be achieved in real life situations but 5/6/7 hours of light use would be more than sufficient for my needs-which include a weekly 4 hour bus journey to and from college

The lack of any tangible reviews is a concern, I wouldn't like to part which that amount of money before hearing the opinion of someone who had used one!

So what does everyone think? hopefully someone on here may own one or if you have any general comments to make about the laptop/other suggestions fire away!

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
the SF311 does look like a really nice laptop (it's like a thicker Series 9), spec wise for what you're getting and the overall packaging for £699 it's quite a nice buy. From my own experience, if all you do is opening up a word processor for note taking and essay and the occasional browse when boredom kicks in, I reckon you could squeeze 6.5 hours out of it. I like it :thumbsup:

Considering there is not much difference, as shown here below
attachment.php

and that its more expensive, while if you want something portable the Samsung's 13.3" screen is far more suitable, all in all I would get the Samsung compared to that Vaio (which is more of a desktop replacement)

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-05-23 at 19.07.24.png
    Screen shot 2011-05-23 at 19.07.24.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 1,586
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Thanks for the suggestion but as mentioned above I'm looking for a portable laptop!

so did you go with the SF311? or are you still looking?

Still looking around for the moment-tempted by the Sony SB and the Asus U31/30sd as well

the U31 does look like a treat, although have you found a UK retailer? as most I've seen don't have a confirmed lead time for it

the U31 does look like a treat, although have you found a UK retailer? as most I've seen don't have a confirmed lead time for it

Komplett | CMS firms that is heavily involved in Ireland-Only difference to UK models is power cables(adapters supplied free of charge) and initial language upon start up(easily changed)

Waiting for them to stock the 8 cell battery option-the listed model is only 6 cell-according to one of their reps it should be available in 3-4 weeks.

just ordered a sammy sf311 from amazon, will be here in a couple of days, looks a really nice laptop for the price (£661) :thumbsup:

just ordered a sammy sf311 from amazon, will be here in a couple of days, looks a really nice laptop for the price (£661) :thumbsup:

Any chance of a review or some pics once you receive it?

You can thank be for the 5% price reduction! I sent amazon 3/4 links of different places selling it cheaper than their £700!

Komplett | CMS firms that is heavily involved in Ireland-Only difference to UK models is power cables(adapters supplied free of charge) and initial language upon start up(easily changed).

doesn't the republic use the same outlets (BS1363/IS401) and voltage as the UK?

p.s. just saw Komplett at the bottom they have a Dutch parent, so I assume they import continental stock to ROI

Well how are you finding it? any hope of a mini review? thanks!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom