Samsung setup help!!!

Ronin666

Standard Member
Hi all, im hoping someone can help me with my Samsung setup. I thought I knew a bit about setting everything up but I was wrong!!

My setup is as follows...

Samsung LE32R88BDX/XEU TV
Samsung BD-P1600 Blu-Ray
Samsung HT-TZ325R - Home Cinema
Thomson DSI8210 Sky+ Box

I have tried various combinations of leads but I just dont know how to connect it to get the best out of it.

Can anyone help please?

Many Thanks. :clap:

davepuma

Distinguished Member
The Samsung home cinema system has 1 optical input. The best output from your Bluray player and Sky+ is optical. Therefore 2 into 1 doesn't go. So, to get around this, you will need to buy a 3 way manual optical switch and 3 x optical cables. Connect the 2 optical outputs to the switch, then run a single optical cable from the output to the input on the Samsung.

Set the Sky+ to "DOLBY D" under optical output in the sound settings
Set the PS3 to output audio over optical in the sound settings and check it is set to "bitstream" in the BD/DVD settings (video settings).

That covers the audio. Then connect a fully wired SCART from Sky+ to the TV and set to RGB, 16:9 and SCART control ON. The Bluray player will connect via HDMI. If you want to use the Samsung home cinema for playing DVDs (I wouldn't bother), you will need to connect it via HDMI to the TV. The HDMI connection will enable you to see the Samsung's setup menus on screen and as an HDMI cable is £10 (e.g. Pro2 from hdcable.co.uk) you might as well.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom