1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung set comparisons

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by The Jayler, Sep 13, 2005.

1. The Jayler

The Jayler
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    OK, after a few months of saving and the fact i'm loosing my job in 2 weeks, i am now in a position to buy a new set. My 28in Tosh has done the bussiness for the last 10 years but now it's time to upgrade.
    Having done a bit of revision and little bit of demoing (only at currys ect though) i want to get a Samsung DLP set. They seem to get good reviews all round.

SP46L6HX--46in-HD4 chip--2000:1 contrast--Normal base--£1300
    SP50L6HX--50in-HD4 chip--2000:1 contrast--Normal base--£1500
    SP50L7HX--50in-HD2+ chip--2500:1 contrast--Pedalstal stand--£1900
    SP46L3HX--46in-HD2 chip--1500:1 contrast--Normal base--£1800

Samsung need shooting for their product munbers :confused: but i think these are what are on offer. The L6's are not on their website but i have seen them for sale in the uk so i guess they are not US models. Can any tell me if this information is correct and any recommendations as where to get one. My current favourite is the sp50l6hx. My budget is about £1500, but cheaper would mean i can get an xbox 360 as well.
    One other question, they have 1 HDMI port which is great for now but i think in a few years time i made need another. Does any one know if it is possible to expand maybe using some extenal box? Would this alter the picture at all?

2. Br41ns

Br41ns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    :hiya:

You can get external hdmi switchers and most new av amps have hdmi switching
    so only having one hdmi isnt a prob.
    Not really looke much at the sp50l6, the 46l6 is very good and the 50l7(im biased) is still the daddy IMO. :thumbsup:

3. The Jayler

The Jayler
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    i like the sp50l7 but im not a hugh fan of the practicallities of the stand. it's also a bit over my budget. Good looking set and a great picture though.