Samsung series 8 freeview losing audio sync?

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by chrissp26, Feb 6, 2009.

Tags:
  1. chrissp26

chrissp26
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I've had my Samsung TV for about a month now and its really starting to annoy me.

Everytime I turn the TV on, freeview seems to be out of sync. Sometimes its only slightly others theres a couple of second delay, most of the time its like some poorly dubbed martial arts movie.

When I say out of sync I mean the audio and visual aspects of the display don't marry up. Someone will be moving their lips but they've already finished speaking.

The only way I have found to remedy the issue is to rescan the channels, but doing this every single time I want to watch TV is a pain in the backside.

I should probably say that the model of the TV is LE52A856S1M its a series 8. No speakers are plugged into the TV.

Any ideas if there is a setting that might be causing this? I have checked the freeview signal strength and its fine and everything works fine on my freeview tv in the bedroom. Its just the one in the lounge thats acting up.

Thanks for your time.

Chris:thumbsup:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  2. Gumpy Joe

Gumpy Joe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I don't own this TV but i'm sure there's a SW upgrade that solves this issue.

3. chrissp26

chrissp26
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cool,
    i've just downloaded the latest firmware. I shall give that a go this evening.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Chris