• I have noticed the problem but haven't contacted Samsung

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • I have noticed the problem and placed a call with Samsung

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • I haven't noticed anything untoward

Votes: 16 38.1%

• Total voters

Toadus

The purpose of this thread is to try and get a better understanding of how many Samsung series 6 owners are experiencing the focus / blur issue with their set. I think it would be a good idea to say whether you have reported it to Samsung or not, and if you have, enter your customer reference number. If we can gather a large list of all customer reference numbers, it will hopefully give us more power / influence on the issue at hand if push comes to shove.

I'll start us off...

Model: LE40A656A1FXXU
Cust Ref# 2102605945
Date reported: 17/05/08

I haven't had a call from the engineering company (JF Associates) yet, but I'm expecting a visit to take place late next week.

For those of you that have already had an engineer on site, can you please say what the outcome was, and whether you have had any feedback.

Samsung's UK customer care centre number is: 0845 7267864 and they are open from 8am to 8pm weekdays, and from 9am to 6pm on weekends. Click on the link for more information: http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/main/contactcenter.do

Thanks in advance.

Johns23

Come on folks. The more input here the better. :thumbsup:
I have noticed and called Samsung.

Engineer said he would have to take TV away for a week, until I know there is a firmware fix I didnt want to be TV-less for a week with no chance of a fix!

Will contact Samsung again tomorrow!

Toadus

That's not good John! Did the engineer state why the TV had to be taken away? Pitty... Did they at least get a good understanding of the problem?

Johns23

Yeah he laughed at the Finding Nemo bit...and couldnt believe it was happening on the newest Samsung.

mcjibba

Novice Member
There is a firmware fix for this. Problem lies with the noise reduction processing.

The fix went onto Samsungs technical site on 15/05 so hold tight a few more days and see if it is is availiable to download onto USB stick or if Samsung will be able to send out a memory stick with FW preloaded.

The same FW is also applicable to the 5 series models.

Toadus

There is a firmware fix for this. Problem lies with the noise reduction processing.

The fix went onto Samsungs technical site on 15/05 so hold tight a few more days and see if it is is availiable to download onto USB stick or if Samsung will be able to send out a memory stick with FW preloaded.

Thanks for the information.

JF Associates rang me just 5 minutes ago to arrange an engineer to visit. However, in light of this FW upgrade I've asked them to put the call on hold just in case this is the resolve everyone is looking for. :)

Johns23

Thats good news..cheers for the info!

Macron

Banned
This problems is also happening on my 5 series LE40A559P4F. I have a contact at samsung who I will call today to try and get a new firmware.

Anyone else seeing this on the 5 series?

I am not doubting you but just want to know more...

where did you get this info from? Is the source reliable?

mcjibba

Novice Member
This problems is also happening on my 5 series LE40A559P4F. I have a contact at samsung who I will call today to try and get a new firmware.

Anyone else seeing this on the 5 series?
Hi Macron

Same FW is to be used on the 5 series as well.

In next few days it should be released onto Samsung website for users to save to USB stick and over next week or so Samsung call centre will probably have some USB sticks with FW preloaded which they can be sent out.

Update is very easy to install via service menu, if need be an engineer can come and do it but its hardly worth taking a day off work for.

DJ Mike

I must confess, the speed at which Samsung fixed this problem actually restores my faith in them some way ;-) Can't wait to get home and try this out now!

JonnyGoon

Standard Member
If only more manufacturers would address these problems so quickly. I'm so happy now :thumbsup:
The M86 sounds like it has similar problems with smearing but nothing is being done about it. I wonder how much different the panels actually are.

Lt. Dang

Novice Member
If only more manufacturers would address these problems so quickly. I'm so happy now :thumbsup:
The thing that gets me is that it seems like it is only Samsung that needs to keep constantly releasing firmware updates to fix problems.

At least that is how it looks from all the posts in this forum?

Is this true or are there other manufacturers which also need to do firmware updates like this?

Regards,

Lt. Dang

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
it does seem that way.
there is a firmware fix for the blurring,but this really should have been picked up on,during testing/quality control,and why it managed to get through with this problem is unbelievable.
so that would give you some insight into the lack of QA in samsung.
but,they still cannot fix 100hz,or 24hz problems,so their tv's are still fatally flawed.
some other manufacturers use firmware,but most use the "within spec" line.

blindpoodle

Standard Member
I have just bought the le52a656, the blur problem is really starting to leave a sour taste in my mouth...

I have an engineer coming over on friday but rather than giving my brother the keys to my flat and having him rumage through my girlfriends knicker drawer as I cant take a day off work, I would like to fix it myself but Im a little worried about downloading a firmware update that isnt from an official source and installing it... why has samsung not posted it to the website?

Is It reversible if it goes wrong or is there a chance I will "brick" my TV?

Curly99

Distinguished Member
I have just bought the le52a656, the blur problem is really starting to leave a sour taste in my mouth...

I have an engineer coming over on friday but rather than giving my brother the keys to my flat and having him rumage through my girlfriends knicker drawer as I cant take a day off work, I would like to fix it myself but Im a little worried about downloading a firmware update that isnt from an official source and installing it... why has samsung not posted it to the website?

Is It reversible if it goes wrong or is there a chance I will "brick" my TV?
go to the Samsung site, the first question in the FAQ for the 6 series tv's is "Blurred picture on Series 6 and 5 LCD TV models." click on this for the firmware and instructions. So there you go an official update :)

Curly

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...

Latest News

iFi Audio launches iDSD Diablo DAC/Headphone amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches Galaxy Buds Pro
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches Galaxy S21, S21+ and S21 Ultra smart phones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Mola Mola debuts Kula integrated amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett