Samsung Series 5 LCD TV- How to connect DVD recorder and Humax Foxsat HD

pdd808

Standard Member
Reaction score
I would be very grateful for any help (in very simple terminology please) for the following set up.

Samsung Series 5 LCD TV
Sony DVD/Recorder HXD 870
Humax Foxsat HD

I am trying to connect them all together and am totally confused. I would like to be able to record Freesat programmes on the DVD/Recoder if possible.

Thank you.
:lease:

Dish>>>humax foxsat (coax), humax foxsat>>>lcd tv (hdmi)
dvd recorder>>>lcd tv (scart)
dvd recorder>>humax foxsat (scart 2)

Thanks John

I have checked the cable connections and they appear to be as your list. Still have the same poblem. I am beginning to wonder if the TV or DVD Recorder has been set-up incorrectly. Can anyone help with this. :lease:

What exactly is the problem? Have you selected the relevant AV input on the DVD Recorder that the Humax is connected to? If you go to the AV channel on the TV that the DVD Recorder is connected to, by selecting the AV input (SCART) that the Freesat box is connected to, you should be able to view the Freesat box through the DVD Recorder. Can you do this? The DVD Recorder will have options for D-TV (Freeview), A-TV (Analogue) and AV (SCART).

Thanks for that, it was really helpful. I can now record programmes.

What I would now like to do is to record using the timer (handset) by recording one channel and watch another channel at the same time. (say: record a BBC 1 programme and watch ITV1).

Can you help :lease:

You won't be able to record and view different channels on the Freesat box as it only has a single tuner, so if you want to do this, simply use the Freeview tuner in the TV for viewing while you're recording Freesat. Obviously you will be limited in what you can view as you won't have access to the full range of TV channels on Freesat.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom