1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung SCL 700

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Sipiano, Aug 14, 2002.

1. Sipiano

Sipiano

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cousin has just returned from America and has bought a Samsung SCL 700. He can't get film transferred from the camera to his video - does anyone have any experience with this particular camera?
    I haven't seen it yet so it may be something simple - any suggestions guys ?

Many thanks

Sip

2. Drafter

Drafter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Sip

You didn't mention where you live. My guess is Europe.
    If your cousin bought the cam in America it probably is NTSC and the other equipment he has is PAL the systems are not compatable. PAL has higher resolution but runs at 50 fields per minute while NTSC runs at 60 FPM.
    If this is not the problem please write back with more info.
    Drafter

3. Sipiano

Sipiano

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry about that - I live in UK. The camera is indeed NTSC but it has a PAL output. The problem appears to be (I've been to see it now) that the AV out on the camera needs to go to a SCART input on the back of the VCR as the VCR doesn't have 'phono plugs.' I think he needs an AV out to SCART lead - would I be wrong ?

Cheers

Sip

4. Drafter

Drafter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    try this
    "Yes, Amazon.co.uk sells a multi-format Scart cable that can be used for Xbox, Playstation 2 and Gamecube. This 6 ft cable has breakout poles for composite leads and a switch to switch between normal and RGB operation. The normal AV mode is useful for the Playstation 2's DVD operation, which only provides "green DVD Playback". (Read more about "green" Playstation 2 DVD and region codes here.) However, the Gamecube support is limited, providing only normal AV composite signal instead of RGB. The same is true for Saitek's GameCube AV Scart Cable. It can be used to connect the Gamecube (and also the Nintendo 64) to TV's with SCART connector, but it does NOT deliver RGB quality. "

5. Sipiano

Sipiano

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks again - I found an old SCART socket I had that had phono connectors on the back and tried that - it should have worked but I just cannot get a picture through the 'line in' SCART input on the back of the VCR. I tried everything - all settings on camera/vcr etc and still nothing. The TV came from Hong Kong and has side input phono terminals and a button on the top that switches between them. When the camera is plugged into those the picture on the TV is there. As soon as it goes through the VCR SCART there is nothing. I spent a couple of hours on it and it's very frustrating. The VCR will record from AV in and every other source except when the camera is plugged in to it.

I don't really know what to try next.

Sip