Samsung says their new F8500 Plasma is the 'new standard'

vism

I wouldn't have a problem with the stand if I was table mounting it. I won't be, it'll go on the wall and it'll look ridiculous with that thing on the bottom.

vism said:
I wouldn't have a problem with the stand if I was table mounting it. I won't be, it'll go on the wall and it'll look ridiculous with that thing on the bottom.
I think that's why it has to come off. If it doesn't then there's no way it can be wall mounted like that as it would look ridiculous as you rightly say and I can't believe Samsung would risk sales if the F8500 couldn't be wall mounted.

How has this question still not been answered?!

Top_Cat

Ir you take a look at the pics in the link (HDTVtest) I think It is safe to assume that indeed the F8500 can be wall mounted.

Looks gorgeous :clap:

vism

Good man, the question is finally answered.

davidcrofter

Good man, the question is finally answered.
I wouldn't bet on that as this is taken from a hands-on from Tech Radar:

With the kind of design that its designers simply couldn't get away with on a run-of-the-mill living room TV, this totally gunmetal-gleaned 51-inch telly has a D-shaped curve emanating from the front of the TV that acts as a desktop stand. Blimey - now that's a brave move.

It all leaves us a bit nonplussed, not only because it's verging on industrial sculpture, but because the realisation dawns that the 51F8500 isn't designed to be hung on a wall. Samsung is probably banking on most home cinemas using AV furniture to support a TV, though an idea does cross our mind; why not stick the 51F8500 in the bedroom and hang your towels on it?
Here is the article in full -
Samsung 51F8500 plasma TV review | Plasma and lcd tvs Reviews | TechRadar

ODB_69

Distinguished Member
100% it will be rob able, its clearly a separate piece

Any idea

A) How much
B) what's the power consumption?

stucarblne

Bet the power consumption will still need to be within restrictions lol. Unless they have been handing out backhanders :laugh: ;)

The ABL was probably raised to the absolute max or the EU limit. For the brightish whites. But i don't honestly know though, that these may go brighter (whites) in the US compared to us in the EU or not. Wouldn't be surprised, we usually get the raw deal with most things performance (specs) - but mostly price wise. A brand new KRP-500M in the states was nearly a thousand pounds cheaper in our currency than the RRP £2300 we paid here for example just over three years ago. Can't say that i am aware of the US voltage limits compared to our voltage limits nowadays.

Chances are the Americans will get the 60" roughly for what we would pay here for the 51", but that's always the norm. :grrr: :rotfl:

Because they have lowered the black level slightly - which shouldn't have been that difficult compared to previous Sammy plasmas - then it will look brighter by default when colours are displayed on screen next to the black. Along with a decent ambient light filter. I would guess the same price range roughly for comparable sized LED LED's - (full array backlits)

Not cheap in other words

Last edited:

cooknl

Well from all the info here, looks like the D8000 will have to be moved to the bedroom to make room for the F8500 later this year.

Rob

vism

Yeah, it's really buzzing isn't it.

Still, look good from this vid. They've probably downgraded the other 2 though and having them on an angle probably reduces the contrast a bit.

vism said:
Yeah, it's really buzzing isn't it.

Still, look good from this vid. They've probably downgraded the other 2 though and having them on an angle probably reduces the contrast a bit.
If the buzzing can only be heard that close then I'll be more than happy.

Really looking forward to seeing this set in action but for the love of god WHY can we not get the 60" like the yanks?

vism

If you turn the volume down a tad, does that reduce the buzz?
It usually related to the brightness rather than the volume

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX 4K OLED TV Review: The best TV of 2020?
Top Bottom