1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung/Sagam help!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by EnglishJohn, Apr 13, 2005.

1. EnglishJohn

EnglishJohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Ok, i went to demo the samsung 50" and too my luck currys also had the new silver 45" sagem.

The tvs were on a loops Rf - no new news there so i pulled out my dvds i had brought with me and got the sales guy to wheel over the table with the dvd player on. (panasonic componet output with "£80 monster cable" he kept telling me!!!)

I could not believe it they were both the worst tvs i had watched, i looked at the settings and not knowing the sets well set them to to defualt.

My dvds were master and comander and final fantasy.

It looked like the sets were running 256colour, dull and lifeless. My hopes were shattered. SO please please tell me i am wrong because i so liked these sets and the woman has nearlly agread to it!

Maybe its just these disk? or the setup?

Has anyone got these sets and are in the southwold, norwich area and wouldnt mind me poping in to have a look? Or does anyone have any quick setup shop guides so i could go back and try again!

Cheers guys. John

2. malso

malso
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes they'll look crap in Currys that's for sure, they did when i saw the Sammy there too (in Christchurch.) :( :(

how good was the DVD player, the one i saw for the demo was a poor 50 quid job, plus the bulb was knackered too

the Sammy 50 i saw was dull, lifeless and no brightness/contrast...it was also out of focus.....it was crap compared to the CRTs and even the plasmas, it was infact the worst TV in the shop :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

we need to see one of these set up correctly with top quality DVD, CABLES etc, from what i see here i can guarantee you it'll look excellent.....dont let Currys put you off

3. mistycat

mistycat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am sitting here watching airport through analogue tv on my Sammy. What can one say? I say ppppppeeerrrrrfffeeeccttttt! I could not be happier, although I saw it at Basildon Curry's when passing and wanted one, went to Southend and the pq was horrible, even through it was fantastic at Basildon. I was more than happy to part with my money a month ago to Unbeatable.

You will never regret it! :thumbsup: :rotfl: :smashin:

4. sheep

sheep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    i am lookin at a stunning looking thing and my wife has gone to bed so its got to be the sammy lol as mistycat says their setup is naff i looked at one in currys while waiting for mine to turn up and adjusted most settings and saw a big difference(salesperson not to happy lol)so just go and buy one

sheep

5. malso

malso
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

you need to do miles more than adjust most settings at our Currys in Christchurch...because that's what they did when i was there...it still looked crap. :eek:

it was originally on their R.F feed..then they used a poor DVD player next :mad: :mad: .....all covered in dust and coffee stains :D :D :D

you can tell from THIS FORUM that it's good, no need for a demo; just send it back if you dont like it........or go for the RD 50 instead :smashin: ....

the only DLP i dont trust now is the TOSH 46

6. EnglishJohn

EnglishJohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Im sure you guys are all correct its just funny as i kinda just expected it to look good or at least ok from the start - even from currys!!

I guess its just me hoping one day that shop might have actually got a least one tv set up!

It is funny though, when there the sales person told me none of the tv there had hdmi or dvi inputs - they are coming in the next few months!! - LIE

The samsung and sagam, were actual plasmas!!! LOL :rotfl: - LIE

The tv looked like this because this set has less visable colours than other sets!!

He told me many other comical moments, but there just isnt enouth room to write about them all her, and if i did im sure most of us would end up banging our heads on the wall with laughter!!

Now should i buy it....
    Actually would like the RD50 - but cant afford a £800 HCPC at this moment as well - boohoo. Does anyone have one you want to donate? :D

7. indie24

indie24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +200
    i got a samsung and i extremely pleased with it. dvd is exceptional. just look at my posts and sheeps posts. we have all posted a lot of screenshots. this set is amazing as im sure the othe other dlps like the rd50 :). trust me you will not be disappointed by the sammy. the poeple at comet do really make me laugh. at least the comet i went to the guy knew it was a dlp and knew it uses 7 colour segment wheel etc. he was a little clued up. but he didnt know s**t about hi def etc. the comet i got mine from was yeading :clap: