Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review, Calibration Contrast talk, Hi-Fi Review, AV News and more

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
This week we get the full review of the Samsung S95B QD-OLED TV; is this the best TV of the year? Ed gives us a review of the Exposure 3510 Integrated Amplifier and his album, playlist and vinyl of the week, while Ian rounds up the latest AV and Hi-Fi news and Jules talks about contrast in our calibration discussion.

Presented by Phil Hinton with Ian Collen, Julian Scott and Ed Selley

00:00:00 - Start
00:00:28 - Welcome
00:16:00 - Current competitions
00:17:44 - HiSense A9H (and A85H) 4K OLED TV news
00:20:52 - Netflix to get ad-supported tier
00:23:43 - Rotel Diamond Series news
00:25:34 - McIntosh Group acquired by Highlander Partners
00:27:35 - Samsung S95B QD-OLED TV review
00:44:12 - Exposure 3510 Integrated Amplifier review
00:47:11 - What is Contrast and why is it important? TV picture quality
00:53:00 - Album, vinyl & playlist of the week
00:56:02 - What have we been watching on telly?

This podcast is sponsored by Farnell, the global electronics distributor, part of the Avnet group. Delivering products, services, and solutions to thousands of customers around the world who focus on electronic system design, manufacturing, industrial environments, as well as across maintenance and repair sectors.

Phil's standing desk for work and video production supplied by Maidesite - Maidesite S2 Pro - Electric Height Adjustable Desk 140X70 cm

These links will be live following the live stream

Direct Link

To watch the video with the live chat, click the YouTube logo in the video window
Support us by making a donation at avforums / Streamlabs
Become a Patron at AVForums is creating Videos | Patreon
Your donations help us to improve the website, publish more editorial and make better podcasts. Thank you.

Last edited:

Gwarf

Hello Phil and thanks,

Is the table white or cream/beige as it doesn’t look white in your YouTube video?

Gwarf

I hope there will be a side by side comparison between this Samsung and the same QD-OLED Panel Sony. Would love to see a DOLBYVISION vs HDR10 opinion aswell playing same content. I suggest using AppleTV+ or Disney+ for content comparison.

Obviously the standalone Sony review comes first and hopefully firmware is in a good state of iteration for public launch.

Gwarf

Does the Samsung support 1GB ethernet or do we have to revert to external streaming device which does such as AppleTV4k/Nvidia Shield?

All previous models were only 100MB maximum as are most Sony TV’s.

Trojan

Distinguished Member
Is there any chance of the podcast being longer? It just seems everything is always on the hurry up.
Phil speaks about the Samsung TV for a while then spends the rest of the podcast hurrying other people up.

Wreck It Yat

Big fan of the podcast, and appreciate the time and effort put in, but I do miss the weekly ones. I guess it was just such a part of my weekly routine on certain days, like meeting some old friends down the pub :)

Andy Bassett

Standard Member
Staff member
Podcast Shorts - 27th June 2022:
News: Netflix confirms introduction of an ad-supported pricing tier

atmoscinema

Is there any chance of the podcast being longer? It just seems everything is always on the hurry up.
Phil speaks about the Samsung TV for a while then spends the rest of the podcast hurrying other people up.
It was also more entertaining too, as it was really funny with all the banter.

It was a hit from the first episodes, which were the best.

Andy Bassett

Standard Member
Staff member
Podcast Shorts - 27th June 2022:
Calibration Discussion: What is contrast and why is it important?

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom