Samsung S8 Cases & Screen Protectors

chaz206

Prominent Member
Reaction score
So people, ive finally got 1 of these lovely phones but having a few probs deciding on the correct case and more importantly a screen protector

Becuase of the job i do, the phone def needs both really cause of general building site crap going on it

Case wise ive got a couple that came with it which i can use but at the mo the spigen neo hybrid and the rugged armour look good

Now screen protector wise i am confused as hell, as there are a lot of conflicting stories weather certain ones work with the cases

Any reccomendations plz

Also if people just want to post pics of their phones up or their cases that would also be good

cheers

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I use a spigen case and tate screen protector, both fit really well and are inexpensive.

Spigen Rugged Armor: Samsung Galaxy S8 Case, Spigen® Galaxy S8 Case Cover: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

TATE GUARD Galaxy S8 Screen Protector: TATE GUARD Galaxy S8 Screen Protector: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

cheers mate, ive also been looking at the spigen case over the neo-hybrid.

At the mo ive got a red canary case that came with the phone.

Cant find anything ion the screen protector its unavailable and cant even email the company, reviews wise its got a lot of good ones so i'll see if it comes back

Anyone else?

I normally use a Spigen tempered glass protector but the reviews and the fact it fits with the case swayed me, it's been on for a couple of months now it's very good.

Anything new here people?, still on the lookout

Any link to the one you got mate? Also what case have you got on with it

I'll be looking for the a case and screen protector for an s8+ very soon so I'm following this intently :)

honestly mate it is like the hardest thing in the world to find a screen protector for these phones lol

plus dont know why buy a lot of people arent posting to give any advice. im on a few other forums and theres a lot more info there, mostly in america though

My tate screen protector has cracked after a few months, really disappointed as it sat really well on my phone along with the spigen case... so I'm now on the hunt for a replacement.

honestly mate it is like the hardest thing in the world to find a screen protector for these phones lol

plus dont know why buy a lot of people arent posting to give any advice. im on a few other forums and theres a lot more info there, mostly in america though

It is eerily quiet in here...

Loving my new S8+ so far but I am concerned at how slippy it is!

Think I'll end up with a DBrand style skin on the back and a yet undecided screen protector. Think I'll just have to take a dive with one from Amazon!

My tate screen protector has cracked after a few months, really disappointed as it sat really well on my phone along with the spigen case... so I'm now on the hunt for a replacement.
Have you contacted tate, as I can't seem to find them in the UK

I'm leaning towards ordering a ringke clear fusion case and it looks hard on the back soft on the sides and a bit of lip on the front
Then again the back might be slippery so need to see

The spigens which I used on my s4 and that are good but the neo hybrid puts a lot of bulk on the phone I think and the rugged armour looks crap from the back lol

It is eerily quiet in here...

Loving my new S8+ so far but I am concerned at how slippy it is!

Think I'll end up with a DBrand style skin on the back and a yet undecided screen protector. Think I'll just have to take a dive with one from Amazon!
Let me know which one you get mate I'll post a link up of someone on another forum who got one from Amazon I might be getting that one

Have you contacted tate, as I can't seem to find them in the UK

I'm leaning towards ordering a ringke clear fusion case and it looks hard on the back soft on the sides and a bit of lip on the front
Then again the back might be slippery so need to see

The spigens which I used on my s4 and that are good but the neo hybrid puts a lot of bulk on the phone I think and the rugged armour looks crap from the back lol

Let me know which one you get mate I'll post a link up of someone on another forum who got one from Amazon I might be getting that one
I'd not thought of contacting Tate, I'll look into it. I forgot to mention the Tate guard came with a carbon fibre effect protector for the rear of the phone which was a bonus.

I love the spigen case, it's light and doesn't add much bulk, has a slight lip so if the phone was to be placed screen down it wouldn't actually make contact with the screen.

I originally had this case: Samsung LED View Case for Galaxy S8 - Black Samsung LED View Case for Galaxy S8 - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

What a massive waste of money and it split within a couple of weeks.

I have just ordered this one for my S8 and it is near identical to the Tate Guard I have fitted at the moment, it will be here tomorrow so I can confirm then.

They also do a version with a carbon effect back sticker which is what I received with the Tate Guard: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06VX9ST57/ref=psdc_329083031_t1_B071WJF7KL

Seems to be identical to the kit I received with the Tate Guard, will install and post a picture and comments shortly.

20170808_090818.jpg
20170808_090825.jpg
20170808_091159~2.jpg
20170808_091202~2.jpg

Installation was a breeze just don't use the supplied dry wipe it leaves fibres on the screen which makes more work removing before you drop the protector on.

IMG-20170808-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20170808-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20170808-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20170808-WA0005.jpg

Think I'll end up pumping for that. Already suffered some fall damage on my S8 Plus :(

Just a couple gentle nicks that could have been avoided if I had a small amount of protection.

Update, noticed a slight loss of sensitivity when swiping from the top of the screen, must be due to the cut out, only minor but it will do for now.

Update, noticed a slight loss of sensitivity when swiping from the top of the screen, must be due to the cut out, only minor but it will do for now.
Noted, thanks!

I'm currently getting the screen clicking problem due to the glue for the screen very intermittently. Will nip into my local Samsung shop to see what the best course of action for this is.

Whilst I'm simultaneously starting a warranty claim with LG for screenburn!

I have all the luck!

damn was looking forward to this protector being good. i might order the glass version and see how it fits and feels.

Also what case have you got mate?

Noted, thanks!

I'm currently getting the screen clicking problem due to the glue for the screen very intermittently. Will nip into my local Samsung shop to see what the best course of action for this is.

Whilst I'm simultaneously starting a warranty claim with LG for screenburn!

I have all the luck!

what glue do you mean mate, the one that came with the protector?

damn was looking forward to this protector being good. i might order the glass version and see how it fits and feels.

This is a tempered glass protector, the reasonfor the loss of sensitivity at the top is due to the thickness of the protector, there is no loss anywhere else.

I have the spigen case that I linked in my first post, it's the rugged armour, fantastic case, adds little bulk and looks nice too.[emoji106]

Nah. It's the phone itself. The glue between the glass and the screen I believe. It sounds like the glue isn't holding it tight so it comes slightly loose every now and then.

The next time I grab it it'll come free of the surface and making that SCHTCK sound.

Yet to go for a protector as I'm just keeping an eye on my phone at the moment to see if I should return it.

Glass protector never go well with the curved screen, so a normal plastic protector should work fine which has fine cut out for all the speaker and sensor openings. Talking about protector and your work demands, Slim armor should be the one that you should go for, wont add much bulk and will 360 protect your phone.

Nah. It's the phone itself. The glue between the glass and the screen I believe. It sounds like the glue isn't holding it tight so it comes slightly loose every now and then.

The next time I grab it it'll come free of the surface and making that SCHTCK sound.

Yet to go for a protector as I'm just keeping an eye on my phone at the moment to see if I should return it.

Def return it mate, that sounds bad (to me anyway), £500+ phone and this happens

Glass protector never go well with the curved screen, so a normal plastic protector should work fine which has fine cut out for all the speaker and sensor openings. Talking about protector and your work demands, Slim armor should be the one that you should go for, wont add much bulk and will 360 protect your phone.

starting to think the same thing mate, just get a film protector. i have yet to see a good review of a glass version staying on

which slim armour do you mean, cant find one for the s8

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom