Samsung S20 ULTRA Camera problem.

iArh96

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone :D

So the camera on my S20 ULTRA is either a faulty one or im doing something wrong, So attached are a few pictures all taken in the highest resolution (108mp) s20 please take a look at just how poor my pictures are coming out especially if you zoom in it goes almost like a painting and i have no clue why.
Every review i see on youtube etc the pictures look unreal like they've been taken with a pro level DSLR but on my phone they look like they've been taken on a standard android phone.

Do you think i have a faulty camera or am i doing something wrong? I have also had DSLR's in the past so im not a total noob and i have tried most settings and there all the same result.

For some reason the Flickr link is linked as 's20' so click on that to see the pics

HERE ARE A FEW EXAMPLES IVE TAKEN- s20

Last edited:
Hi i seen a few of the you tubers talking about the ultra and the way the zooms work..they said the zoom was a bit of a gimmick as it wasn't exactly what Samsung was telling us we were getting.

I think the op is talking about taking a 108mp picture and then zooming into the resulting snap not using the zoom to take a picture using 108mp.

I think the op is talking about taking a 108mp picture and then zooming into the resulting snap not using the zoom to take a picture using 108mp.
Yeah and just the pictures in general are very poor quality as you can see I just don't get it

What mode are you using ?
Are you holding the camera steady ?
Try resting the camera on a ledge and taking a pic.
For that kind of zoom I'd be using a tripod even on a dslr you'll get awful images hand held

20200326_111047.jpg

That's my back garden about 30 feet away and cropped in.. I sat the phone on top of a box beside the window

What mode are you using ?
Are you holding the camera steady ?
Try resting the camera on a ledge and taking a pic.
For that kind of zoom I'd be using a tripod even on a dslr you'll get awful images hand held
I'm using just standard mode at 108mp and yes I'm holding it steady and it's not just zoomed pics normal unzoomed pics don't look all that cracking neither.

View attachment 1273695

That's my back garden about 30 feet away and cropped in.. I sat the phone on top of a box beside the window
Yes I see mate , No disrespect to your photography skills lol as its not you but that pic is like mine and they just look poor

Not an S20 owner,

There is meant to be a firmware update to fix a slow autofocus problem, has this update appeared for you

One option maybe - do you have a camera screen protector on by any chance?

I had this on my s10 plus and the instant I took the camera lens protector off the camera was night and day better.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom