Samsung s20 FE 5G vs OnePlus 8T (for gaming and YouTube)?

FE 5G vs 8T?

• Total voters

GameDos

I am currently looking to upgrade from my 5 year old Galaxy note 4. I was looking at phones with oled screens and Snapdragon 865 and currently focused on the 2 above phones.

I mainly use my phone for reading (manga and books), YouTube, and playing Fate Grand Order which turns my note 4 into an oven and drains its battery rapidly. Between the above two, which one is more likely to be better for my needs and to have a longer battery life and less overheating when gaming? OnePlus has 2 more GB RAM and faster charging, it is also 200 Euros cheaper than the FE. But Samsung generally seems like a more reliable(?) brand. I live in Ireland if this matters.

finbaar

If the OnePlus 8T meets your needs then go for it and save the 200 Euros. OnePlus make decent devices and do update them. One of my devices is a OnePlus and I can recommend them as a brand. The main differences between the phones are the S20FE 5G has a plastic back and Qi charging built in along with support for DeX and micro SD cards. The build of Android on the OP8T will certainly make it peform better however. So if you need an SD card and/or Qi charging then get the S20FE 5G, it is a great device. But if you're OK without those then definitely go for the 8T.
Both devices will easily handle anything you can throw at them including the highest end games on the market. I would suspect they will have similar battery life, the cell size and processor are the same. Either way both devices will be a big improvement over what the Note 4 offers (that was a fantastic device BTW).

GameDos

If the OnePlus 8T meets your needs then go for it and save the 200 Euros. OnePlus make decent devices and do update them. One of my devices is a OnePlus and I can recommend them as a brand. The main differences between the phones are the S20FE 5G has a plastic back and Qi charging built in along with support for DeX and micro SD cards. The build of Android on the OP8T will certainly make it peform better however. So if you need an SD card and/or Qi charging then get the S20FE 5G, it is a great device. But if you're OK without those then definitely go for the 8T.
Both devices will easily handle anything you can throw at them including the highest end games on the market. I would suspect they will have similar battery life, the cell size and processor are the same. Either way both devices will be a big improvement over what the Note 4 offers (that was a fantastic device BTW).
Have you faced heating issues with your one plus?

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom