Samsung s10 (SM-G973F) Stuck in Download mode, after normal Update.

BigbossJonas

Novice Member
Hey Avforums Members,

Im completely new here, and found this site through google searching.

So yesterday night i updated my Samsung S10 regulary, cause i got a notification that a new update is downloadable, so i did it.
While updating, the phone crashed, and got in "Download Mode".
Since then its in download mode with the following error message in the top left corner:

ODIN MODE (AVB FAIL)
system: Hash of data does not match digest in descriptor. (3)
Root Hash in (system) : 1a32eac088, (VBMETA) : 74e6cee89
Samsung System, G973FXXSCFUH5, 42802073R
VBMETA G973FXXUCFUH3, 42324606R

I tried several things allready. Reset the phone trough holding Volume Down + Power. It just resets and goes directly back in the same screen again. Loading the Recovery mode (doesnt work).

So yeah, i hope someone here can help me

Thanks

roll1ng

Standard Member
oh wow, yeah ive tried everything i found on the www. But nothing has worked so far, seems like i have to get a new phone :/
i did get it sorted out by flashing the the firmware with Odin have you tried that? did not lose any data or anything

roll1ng

Standard Member
its pretty simple to do. you can download the stock samsung firmware for your model/country on Sammobile

the bottom line "VBMETA G973FXXUCFUH3, 42324606R" is the firmware i used.

i created account on sammobile (have to to download the firmwares)

then i searched on google becourse i could find my firmware from navigating the site "google search: G973FXXUCFUH3 nordic sammobile" you should replace nordic with what country your from then download the firmware and download Odin program on there too then follow these instructions

you can skip the turning off phone and reboot phone in download mode from the guide since its already in download mode

only took me a couple minutes after the firmware had finished downloading then my phone was working again

hope you get it sorted out

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom